FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Door Lock Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
so i went to lock my doors of my 2000 zx3 with the remote and it sounded like the door tried to lock three times (i heard the lock noise 3 times). When that happens sometimes it locks and sometimes it does not. Has anybody had this problem before?
did it eventually lock or did you have to do it manually.
How cold is it where you are.
Could just be frozen
it eventually locks, i actually cant open the door manually, only through the remote, and i was having this problem before it got really cold...could it be that the power lock is dying?
hyprlte,Feb 4 2007, 09:03 PM Wrote:it eventually locks, i actually cant open the door manually, only through the remote, and i was having this problem before it got really cold...could it be that the power lock is dying?
[right][snapback]225721[/snapback][/right]

Ya. its probibly the actuator. pull the door skin off one day and make sure everything is still connected and nothing is seized on the inside.
I have a similar problem where the actuator will partially unlock my passenger door and then I have to manually open the door from the inside. Heres a link that may help you.
door latch fix
the other problem could be the battery in your remote, if you have the spare one kicking about, that you don't usually use, try it and see if that works.
SmokeBCBuDZ,Feb 5 2007, 01:21 AM Wrote:I have a similar problem where the actuator will partially unlock my passenger door and then I have to manually open the door from the inside.  Heres a link that may help you.
door latch fix
[right][snapback]225724[/snapback][/right]

the door opens fine, it just sometimes wont lock. i tried using the spare remote but nothing... i think it might actually be the power lock
my car's been doing the same thing actually hyprlte...haven't brought it in or anything to see what's up with it..so when you find out, lemme know
smith21,Feb 5 2007, 03:03 AM Wrote:my car's been doing the same thing actually hyprlte...haven't brought it in or anything to see what's up with it..so when you find out, lemme know
[right][snapback]225740[/snapback][/right]

i will fusure. I think it might be going in next week. I will keep you posted
hyprlte,Feb 5 2007, 02:02 AM Wrote:
smith21,Feb 5 2007, 03:03 AM Wrote:my car's been doing the same thing actually hyprlte...haven't brought it in or anything to see what's up with it..so when you find out, lemme know
[right][snapback]225740[/snapback][/right]

i will fusure. I think it might be going in next week. I will keep you posted
[right][snapback]225754[/snapback][/right]

The quick fix solution if its frozen is to thaw it out with de icer or somthing then spray some graphite in there.
i know its definately not frozen