FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Transport Canada Has Issued Latest Recalls
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recalls announced for Nissan and Jaguar

Ottawa, Ontario – Transport Canada has issued its latest recalls, which may affect some Nissan and Jaguar vehicles.

2008-2009 Nissan Rogue
Vehicles affected: 23,323

On certain vehicles, the steering gear housing cover screw may have been manufactured out of specification, and the axial tension between the screw and gear housing may deteriorate over time. This could allow the screw to gradually loosen, which will cause the steering wheel to exhibit noticeable looseness from the steering assembly. If the vehicle continues to be driven in this condition, the screw may eventually come out of the steering gear housing. If large steering inputs are made with the cover screw missing, the pinion shaft may come out of the steering gear, which could result in a loss of steering control. Dealers will inspect to see if the screw is loose. If so, it will be tightened to the proper specification. In addition, a cover plate will be installed to prevent the screw from possibly coming out of the steering gear.

2010 Jaguar XF
Vehicles affected: 42

On certain vehicles, the fuel transfer pipe in the fuel tank assembly may have been kinked or over-inserted into the fuel delivery module during fuel tank assembly. This could cause fuel starvation even though the fuel gauge reads approximately one-quarter tank of fuel. Dealers will shorten the fuel transfer pipe and insert it into an alternative hole on top of the fuel delivery module.
Cripes first its electrical, then its fuel system issues. Why in the name of Queen & country do people still buy Jaguars anyways? :blink:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Nov 9 2009, 11:19 AM Wrote:Cripes first its electrical, then its fuel system issues.  Why in the name of Queen & country do people still buy Jaguars anyways? :blink:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]297031[/snapback][/right]

Keep in mind they belong to the Colonies now... India, actually.
reldridge,Nov 9 2009, 11:28 AM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Nov 9 2009, 11:19 AM Wrote:Cripes first its electrical, then its fuel system issues.  Why in the name of Queen & country do people still buy Jaguars anyways? :blink:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]297031[/snapback][/right]

Keep in mind they belong to the Colonies now... India, actually.
[right][snapback]297039[/snapback][/right]

I know, which makes me wonder what will happen now that they don't have Ford R&D dollars backing them up :ph34r:

NefCanuck
Looking into my crystal ball, I see a toilet flushing.

I do like Jag's but dam the problems.
Scorcher000,Nov 9 2009, 03:08 PM Wrote:Looking into my crystal ball, I see a toilet flushing.

[right][snapback]297054[/snapback][/right]

Jaguar's quality is better then Land Rovers, by far, I had a 1995 Discovery and it cost me $4500 in all parts to pass the E test, and another $2000 to certify as everything (parts wise) comes from coventry england.
Frost__2001,Nov 9 2009, 03:56 PM Wrote:
Scorcher000,Nov 9 2009, 03:08 PM Wrote:Looking into my crystal ball, I see a toilet flushing.

[right][snapback]297054[/snapback][/right]

Jaguar's quality is better then Land Rovers, by far, I had a 1995 Discovery and it cost me $4500 in all parts to pass the E test, and another $2000 to certify as everything (parts wise) comes from coventry england.
[right][snapback]297060[/snapback][/right]

I'd believe that. Though I'd still love to have a Free Lander all in white with blacked out windows and rims with a chrome lip.