FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Block Heater
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I have tryed to plug the block heater into an electric outlet with my house and each time I do I hear kind of like a hisss (mabe the oil heating up) Has anyone ever had this problem?

I don't necessarily need my block heater plugged in, but with the minus 30 weather i would hate that not being able to start my focus one time.
not to hijack but this is also a block heater question ..i melted my power cord...how hard is it to replace ?
Sakic #7,Feb 4 2007, 11:27 AM Wrote:Ok I have tryed to plug the block heater into an electric outlet with my house and each time I do I hear kind of like a hisss (mabe the oil heating up) Has anyone ever had this problem?

I don't necessarily need my block heater plugged in, but with the minus 30 weather i would hate that not being able to start my focus one time.
[right][snapback]225698[/snapback][/right]
When do you hear the hiss? Is it when you plug it in or is it after it has been pluged in over night?

_JC_,Feb 4 2007, 02:22 PM Wrote:not to hijack but this is also a block heater question ..i melted my power cord...how hard is it to replace ?
[right][snapback]225710[/snapback][/right]
Get a new cord. Grab the old cord, follow it down to the heater and carefully remove it. Plug in new cord. Done. :D
_JC_,Feb 4 2007, 07:22 PM Wrote:not to hijack but this is also a block heater question ..i melted my power cord...how hard is it to replace ?
[right][snapback]225710[/snapback][/right]

how/why did you melted the cord? there could be something inside that needs attention. It could have a short inside the heater and it causes the wires to overheat and melt.
mo_focus,Feb 4 2007, 05:40 PM Wrote:how/why did you melted the cord? there could be something inside that needs attention. It could have a short inside the heater and it causes the wires to overheat and melt.
[right][snapback]225714[/snapback][/right]
$5 says he accidently left it leaning against the exhaust manifold. ;)
[/quote]
$5 says he accidently left it leaning against the exhaust manifold. ;)
[right][snapback]225716[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:lol: FTW!!!!!