FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Wtb Hid Kit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just wondering if anyone has a HID aftermarket kit H4 type for the focus. The reason being, i would like to get it for the Escape. Apperantly they use the same type of harness and bulbs.

So Ebay has it for 150, lets see if there is anything here first.

Regards, Mo
mo_focus,Feb 3 2007, 02:28 PM Wrote:I was just wondering if anyone has a HID aftermarket kit H4 type for the focus. The reason being, i would like to get it for the Escape. Apperantly they use the same type of harness and bulbs.

So Ebay has it for 150, lets see if there is anything here first.

Regards, Mo
[right][snapback]225636[/snapback][/right]

I have seen in the states a few Mercury Mainer's with the HID's on the limited models.. I don't know if you can get them up here though.
i would trust a hid kit that sells for $150 ... i just ordered a Kaixen HID kit and it was about $300 ... the quality and performance is much better than many of the ebay hid kits you'll find.

usually the only problem with putting HIDs in stock housings is the glare that is produced. re-aiming your headlights usually fix's it though

As far as H4 bulbs go, some companys make a bulb that serves a dual purpose (both hi and low beam) .. they acheive this buy using a motor to shift the posion of the bulb higher to basically simulate the Hi-beam. I presonally wouldn't get this type as its just something else to go wrong, and with HID's being as bright as they are, you'll probably never use hi-beams anyways .... so if you do decide to get it, just get a regular H4 kit
thanks guys,

I have to wait and see what kind of a bulb the Escape take now. According to the manual it says HB2, sylvania site says 9003. is that a same light?

Also I dont think it is the same as the focus bc focus is H4. So now I have to open the hood and see what kind of a light I have to buy.

they are all the same bulbs .. an HB2 is a 9003 which is also a H4 ... confusing, yes .. but the same in the end
How do you adjust the headlight to reduce the glare? I thought the glare was from excessive lumen output.
you can't adjust the stock headlights to reduce the glare, you can just aim them lower so the glare does blind oncomming traffic
There is an article in todays Sunday Sun in the Driving section talking about HID conversions. There is a detailed write up from PIAA about their conversions and how their H4 kits use a magnetic solinoid to move the bulb to allow for high beam output. You might want to have a look at that. One thing it does say is that all of their kits are not DOT approved and are for off road use only. Not like that has stopped any of us before.