FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Anyone Know Of A Place For Air Ride For The Foci?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys...times' coming for me to do a little shopping...i got a bit more money than i expected and I'm gonna look for something not many ppl have (at least not around here where i live)so i'm looking for someone who manufactures air ride suspension for the foci..anyone know of anyone? If you do can you post up links? thanks guys
i think that you might have to go custom
Look on FocalJet.

There's bound to be someone there that will know where to get some.

Also, try and contact MundyZ Modz in Oakville. They specialize in Air Ride set ups. They'll know EXACTLY what kit to install.

And they're great guys!

a.
theres kits out there ... i think its Air Ride Technologies

There is a guy on FJ selling just the bags ... you'd have to purchase the lines, valves, compressor and tank on your own .. but it might be alittle cheaper

I've looked into it alittle, and the only question i have with them is what's it like in the winter with bags? .. Do you have to worry about the lines freezing due to the water that could be in them? same goes for the tank
Remember that tractor trailers run on air bags. They don't have a problem in the winter. There is an anitfreeze you can get for the air compressor and system. I am sure it wouldn't be a problem in our climate.

That setup should be sweet on your car. Being able to scrape the pavement and then climb over curbs with the push of a button.
you can't lay frame unless you do a few mods to the actual strut assembly

you can get close .. just no spark shows
Focus man, Focus.,Feb 3 2007, 12:27 PM Wrote:Remember that tractor trailers run on air bags.  They don't have a problem in the winter.  There is an anitfreeze you can get for the air compressor and system.  I am sure it wouldn't be a problem in our climate. 
[right][snapback]225635[/snapback][/right]

That's not always true.. I've seen trucks come in with frozen lines so their bags don't air up. It really depends on what you're driving through and how well you route the lines I think. If you're cautious you shouldn't have a problem, but there's always a chance something could happen.

And Air Ride Technologies always get good reviews in all the magazines, if they make a kit for the Focus that might be a good way to go, if you don't want to have to source all the little parts yourself.
I'd go with a kit (if possible) and a knowledgeable shop if it was me, Brian. I'd definitely call up the place Anthony recommended.

Let me know if you need a hand with anything, d00d. :)
AirLift makes one. I deal direct with them. Let me know.

http://www.easystreetair.com/index.asp?Pag...TS&Category=114
guilty,Feb 3 2007, 03:55 PM Wrote:Air Ride Technologies always get good reviews in all the magazines, if they make a kit for the Focus that might be a good way to go, if you don't want to have to source all the little parts yourself.
[right][snapback]225648[/snapback][/right]

air ride tech is showing a "coming soon" on their site...which i have no idea when they're gonna be up and running...but that is my #1 choice if they can speed things up :)
smith21,Feb 3 2007, 06:36 PM Wrote:
guilty,Feb 3 2007, 03:55 PM Wrote:Air Ride Technologies always get good reviews in all the magazines, if they make a kit for the Focus that might be a good way to go, if you don't want to have to source all the little parts yourself.
[right][snapback]225648[/snapback][/right]

air ride tech is showing a "coming soon" on their site...which i have no idea when they're gonna be up and running...but that is my #1 choice if they can speed things up :)
[right][snapback]225665[/snapback][/right]

AirLift makes one. I deal direct with them. Let me know.

http://www.easystreetair.com/index.asp?P...tegory=114
there is the guy with the yellow focus that has a whole bunch of stuff like air ride on his car. i don't know his user name, but i do know its a yellow ZX3 with green airbrushing on it, has a bunch of audio done to it and is from winnipeg.
FocusGuy7476,Feb 4 2007, 01:56 AM Wrote:there is the guy with the yellow focus that has a whole bunch of stuff like air ride on his car. i don't know his user name, but i do know its a yellow ZX3 with green airbrushing on it, has a bunch of audio done to it and is from winnipeg.
[right][snapback]225688[/snapback][/right]

is he on this site? or is he from focaljet or one of those other foci sites?
he is on the site, and was thinking about selling his focus, he might be on other focus sites too.
FocusGuy7476,Feb 4 2007, 02:17 PM Wrote:he is on the site, and was thinking about selling his focus, he might be on other focus sites too.
[right][snapback]225709[/snapback][/right]

Hey guys you talking about me, you can email me( tothemax47@hotmail.com ) with any questions you might have and i'll try to help you out.

The car is for sale email me for details tothemanx47@hotmail.com