FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Headlight Reflector Removal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hear a lot about how the reflector in our stock headlights does not do the best job of putting light in a straight beam. It tends to scatter the light and I find that the lights are no wheres as effective as many other cars I have owned. I am curious if anyone has tried cutting it out and if so, was there any improvement.
Are you talking about replacing it with a different reflector? Cutting it out would cut all of your light output if not.. I didn't really have a problem with the light output of the stock lights.. they aren't as good as the european headlights though, and not nearly as good as the HIDs.
Which Euro headlights are you referring too? I have a mk1 set of euro headlights and they are identical to the North American except for a smaller 194 bulb next to the H4 and a second adjustment on the back. By the way, I have a 2001 Focus.
vy_MR2,Jan 30 2007, 11:43 AM Wrote:Which Euro headlights are you referring too? I have a mk1 set of euro headlights and they are identical to the North American except for a smaller 194 bulb next to the H4 and a second adjustment on the back. By the way, I have a 2001 Focus.
[right][snapback]224998[/snapback][/right]

Ahh my MK1 Euro Lights, actually those lights in perticular have the headlight adjust in it without the motors, so you can either point them down or higher up like I did to get more light out of them.

and the 194 bulb is the city light.
vy_MR2,Jan 30 2007, 09:43 AM Wrote:Which Euro headlights are you referring too?
[right][snapback]224998[/snapback][/right]

I'm talking about the 2002-04 European "facelift" headlights. They have separate reflectors/bulbs for high and low beams, and also signal lights and city lights built into the housing.