FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Rage Against The Toyota Camry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I drove to our Sudbury office today - in a 2007 Toyota Camry.

And I quote from my convo with Kev (because it's exactly as I feel about it):

Quote:great engines, half-decent transmissions (with horrible grade logic), and the rest belongs at the bottom of a dung pile in a farmer's field

Quote:seats - s***e, steering - made for 105 year old retirees, brakes - overenthusiastic, body - playdoh over chickenwire, stereo - horrible headunit, good speakers, etc

Quote:no TCS, no heated seats, easily fooled ABS, cupholders have a stupid cover over them, armrest is too large (like a chopping block with a vinyl cover)

Quote:the instruments are decent but the HU scrolls "Welcome to Camry" every time... I DON'T HAVE f***ING ALZHEIMERS, I KNOW WHERE I AM

If you're soft, pudgy and have zero ambition in life beyond doing the minimum amount of work properly so you'll stay employed until you retire... YOUR CAR HAS ARRIVED. Please, take mine. I'll hitchhike home.

</end rant>

We now know why nobody mods Toyota Camrys... because noone is young enough to remember where the hell they parked it.... nevermind knowing how to mod it! :lol: :rofl:

Seriously... trapped in the geriatric styling of a Toyota Camry is a hard-working, torquey V6 that's trying to escape the sheetmetal. I kept blipping it, picturing it attempting to break free of the motor mounts. It wants to frolic with all the other good engines in real cars. When you hammer that car off the line, it wants to go and the torque steer is admirable. Then, as the rest of the car takes over the driving experience... it almost makes you want to turn emo... almost.
huh.. sounds similar to the Accord.
Hey, easy there turbo!!! My brother in law to be drives a Camry. Oh, wait, that's right, he's a loser with no ambition and nothing going for him, still can't figure out what my sister sees in him :angry:
Frost__2001,Jan 29 2007, 02:15 PM Wrote:huh.. sounds similar to the Accord.
[right][snapback]224953[/snapback][/right]

alot of people mod Accords :huh:
NikiterZTS,Jan 29 2007, 04:50 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]224955[/snapback][/right]

..that doesnt make it right.

-Honda Accord driver
A Toyota Camry is a fine car. But to me it has all the "soul" of a washing machine. It gets the job done, is dependale but is so boring to me that it may as well be invisible :ph34r:

Not to say there is anything wrong with that, but I prefer my cars with a bit of spice now (Hell, I drove an Oldsmobile for years, if I wouldn't want spice after that rolling sofabed, I'd be clinically dead :lol:)

NefCanuck
At least the Camery got a proper overhaul, unlike some cars............ ;)

Yeah but when people do Mod an Accord it's always the Previous Generation of Accord never really the current body style, because they cost way too much.
Frost__2001,Jan 30 2007, 07:51 PM Wrote:

Yeah but when people do Mod an Accord it's always the Previous Generation of Accord never really the current body style, because they cost way too much.
[right][snapback]225114[/snapback][/right]

actually i seen one....one brown guy drives it around cambridge....its black with rims,lowered, body kit, some aftermarket tails...and i donno what other mods....i believe its 2006 model
also check out cardomain.com there are lots of those new accords
Camry's and Accords Suck. Period.

Buy a 3DCarbon Fusion SEL AWD instead, and escape the flock...
Drivesthebeast,Feb 1 2007, 09:38 AM Wrote:Camry's and Accords Suck.  Period.

Buy a 3DCarbon Fusion SEL AWD instead, and escape the flock...
[right][snapback]225287[/snapback][/right]
I wouldnt say that. My accord has been the most reliable car I've owned.
I wouldnt say that. My accord has been the most reliable car I've owned.
[right][snapback]225544[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ford makes very good cars and trucks for the money,I have three cars right now from ford and never had problems with them.The new Camry had a recall for their 6 speed auto transmission in 2006, Ford fusion non B)
A recall? You serious?

Ford's never had one of those. :P :lol: :rolleyes:

Quote:Ford makes very good cars and trucks for the money...

For the money sure....wait till resell though. My 95 accord with 170 000Km can still net me +$4500 on the used market. What does a 00 ZTS with similar mileage get you? Thats what I thought.

What does a 00 ZTS with similar mileage get you? Thats what I thought.
[right][snapback]225766[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Different segment B)
oh...ok..

Give the fusion a few years, the accord will still be worth more. :P :lol: :lol:

I think you missed my point. ;)
They Still Suck.
Drivesthebeast,Feb 9 2007, 03:02 PM Wrote:They Still Suck.
[right][snapback]226282[/snapback][/right]

you also missed the point.
My 95 accord with 170 000Km can still net me +$4500 on the used market.

Well thats good, but back in the day the Taurus was cheaper then the Accord and you can get a 95 Taurus for 2,500. So you make 2 extra gs on your sale, yet you payed 4 extra more then the Taurus when you bought it new. Fast forward to today and you have the same thing on your hands, but replace the Taurus with a Fusion.

If the accord is going to cost more then a Fusion It better be better looking, offer more power and extra features that may sway me over. I hate the Fusion, but if I can pick one up with AWD for the same price as a base priced accord I would be driving home a Fusion........of course I would pick neither because they both look like s***.

Honda North America is s*** period, ugly cars that are way over priced. Acura should be the real Honda North America, but with the current Honda North America pricing.
That's why you can elect to pay how much more for an Acura EL with the same motor as the s***vic? :D :lol: