FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: From The Mind Of An Autistic...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This really got me thinking...

no, seriously, just watch the second half the video...

a bit of WTF... but a whole lot of wow
Wow, that was pretty intense. I wasn't quite expecting that. I have people with disabilities in my extended family, not autistic, but other very debilitating ailments refusing them the ability to move or communicate. Seeing that, I have a better understanding about what might be going on in their minds. A must watch for everyone.
wow interesting video, and I can relate as I have worked with one or two autistic ppl, have to admit I like shocking a few deaf ppl I work with because I know what they are saying in sign most of the time.
Frost__2001,Jan 28 2007, 10:46 AM Wrote:wow interesting video, and I can relate as I have worked with one or two autistic ppl, have to admit I like shocking a few deaf ppl I work with because I know what they are saying in sign most of the time.
[right][snapback]224861[/snapback][/right]

speaking of deaf people, I got on a subway car once that had about 100 deaf people going to a conference or something... There is nothing moe earie than getting on a packed subway car where no one is speaking, but everyone is signing.. all you hear is the sounds of their hands moving... *shiver*
darkpuppet,Jan 28 2007, 10:52 AM Wrote:
Frost__2001,Jan 28 2007, 10:46 AM Wrote:wow interesting video, and I can relate as I have worked with one or two autistic ppl, have to admit I like shocking a few deaf ppl I work with because I know what they are saying in sign most of the time.
[right][snapback]224861[/snapback][/right]

speaking of deaf people, I got on a subway car once that had about 100 deaf people going to a conference or something... There is nothing moe earie than getting on a packed subway car where no one is speaking, but everyone is signing.. all you hear is the sounds of their hands moving... *shiver*
[right][snapback]224865[/snapback][/right]

Lmao :lol:
Puppet that would be way to quiet for me. I would freak lol.
Wow. Quite the statement.

A friends nephew, Joshua, is autistic and it's actually amazing to see him interact with things in the world, whether nature or animals or cars, whatever. People are scared to have him around or let him touch things because they don't understand what his disability is and don't trust him. It's sad when adults are scared of or don't trust a 4yr old boy who just wants to give you a hug (that's his favorite thing of all to do), if given the chance, he'll hug everything and everybody in sight.