FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Gives Checkered Flag Roof To Fiesta Zetec S
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ford Gives Checkered Flag Roof to Fiesta Zetec S
January 26, 2007,

BRENTWOOD, England — The Ford Fiesta Zetec S Anniversary edition, which hits showrooms in March, appears to be taking a page out of the Mini playbook, with a showy checkered flag roof decal and a screaming "radian yellow" paint job.

Mini has used the roof as a playful palette, with such artwork as a Union Jack.

The automaker said the Limited Edition Fiesta Zetec S will be priced at the equivalent of $24,780 and will be limited to a production run of 400 in the UK. The car is equipped with a 1.6-liter 16-valve gasoline engine that makes 98 horsepower. The special edition marks the 30th anniversary of the Fiesta.

Additional features include panther black door mirrors, side moldings, tailgate handle and spoiler; MP3 connectivity; and other interior appointments including silver dashboard bezel velour floor mats, privacy glass, leather seats and checkered scuff plates.

Ford said sales of the Fiesta spiked 24 percent in 2006, from 83,803 to 103,856.

[Image: ford_fiesta_zetec_s_2_500.jpg]

[Image: ford_fiesta_zetec_s_500.jpg]

What this means to you: You can't get your hands on this outrageous anniversary edition in North America.
Nice, but all it is is a paint job and trim bits, no hotter engine option or anything like that. Nothing makes it exclusive other than the limited production run (and I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that you could fake one for not that much money)

NefCanuck
lol it's no real difference from the Street Edition Focus either other then the roof decal & glossy outter trim.

oh and Yellow is a odd colour for Europe often seen as a Limited Edition Colour, like on the UK's Y plate (2001) Millenium Edition Focus
Frost__2001,Jan 26 2007, 10:49 AM Wrote:oh and Yellow is a odd colour for Europe often seen as a Limited Edition Colour, like on the UK's Y plate (2001) Millenium Edition Focus
[right][snapback]224683[/snapback][/right]

I dunno, yellow used to be a rare colour after they had to take the lead out of automotive paint years ago. Now with the reformulated paints everybody thinks "Yellow... Cool"

Me, I see yellow and think of the WC (and I don't mean the World Cup :D)

NefCanuck
Daniel your going to PISS Phillip off talking like that. :lol:
Frost__2001,Jan 26 2007, 10:39 AM Wrote:What this means to you: You can't get your hands on this outrageous anniversary edition in North America.
[right][snapback]224678[/snapback][/right]

Nice looking machine and with almost every one of there competitors offering a car in that class in NA you would think Ford would start to at least think about sending those Fiestas over.

Laterz :)
Ummm, nicer than a Yaris..... :iono:
Pretty nice, but we're used to the bigger Zetec here so the 98hp doesn't seem very appealing (even if the car is much lighter). Also, if they were to bring the Fiesta to North America there's no way they could charge anywhere near that price for it.. the sad fact is that they would cheapen every part of it and build it in Mexico and end up with a ton of recalls.

Would be nice for Ford to have something to compete with the sub-compact car market that all the other auto makers have already jumped on. Maybe Ford is sticking to it's strategy as with the Focus.. wait for the other auto makers to offer something exciting, then give up and try to appeal to the 40-70 year old and rental car markets.