FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Chevrolet Cobalt Recalled
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Chevrolet Cobalt Recalled
The Daily Auto Insider
Thursday, January 25, 2007
January 2007

General Motors said it was recalling nearly 100,000 Chevrolet Cobalt sedans to upgrade head-impact protection.

GM said the recall affects 98,707 vehicles from the 2005-2006 model years that are not equipped with optional roof-mounted side impact air bags. The potential problem was discovered during compliance testing.

There have been no injuries related to the recall. GM spokesman Alan Adler said the head-impact protection would only be a problem for unbelted vehicle occupants; belted occupants would not be affected, he said.

Dealers will install energy-absorbing plastic to the area, the company said. Owners can contact Chevrolet at (800) 630-2438
Chevy to Cobalt drivers:

Please don't crash our cars before completing the recall repair work. We can't handle any more lawsuits.

Your friends at General Blowhards.
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 26 2007, 12:14 PM Wrote:Your friends at General Blowhards.
[right][snapback]224698[/snapback][/right]

Generic Motors..... get it right lol... :lol:
Frost__2001,Jan 26 2007, 11:17 AM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Jan 26 2007, 12:14 PM Wrote:Your friends at General Blowhards.
[right][snapback]224698[/snapback][/right]

Generic Motors..... get it right lol... :lol:
[right][snapback]224700[/snapback][/right]

Garbage Motors... get it right :D

I say that with my mom a "victim" of a 1995 Chevy Crapalier that has so many design flaws and recalls/tsb's that looks like a phonebook <_<

NefCanuck
Who cares if the front ends aren't good enough in a crash....these people were STUPID enough to buy a Cobalt (Chevy) in the first place. Maybe a few more accidents and there would be less dumb people one the road...but with that said let hope we aren't the smart people that are involved in their crashes....GOD I HATE GM PRODUCTS!!!!!!!
I love my 77 Silverado...it's one of the vehicles that earns the phrase "like a rock"...since the thing has it's original Transmission and Engine, neither have ever been worked on, and have over 500,000 miles on them (ours rolls in miles instead of km's).

My buddy has a 74' Silverado with 454 Big Block and its only got 50,000 miles on it, and all original. That truck is a freakin rocket lol.
i still like cobalts ss supercharged.....pretty freackin fast when i took one for a test drive
not sure about the quality
IMO gm hasn't made a good car since 81