FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Shaolin Soccer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:blink: hmmmm...
Shaolin Soccer is the movie Stephen Chow made before Kung-fu Hustle.. both are pretty amazing martial arts comedies. I still sort of like the oldschool kung-fu movies better, before these ones with the crazy special effects, but they are pretty cool to watch.
i donno but i wanna rent this movie now...
check out Kung Fu Hustle too..
I watched a kung-fu movie this past weekend...cant remember the name, but boy did the Matrix ever rip it off.

Good movie, to...if I can remember the name I'll edit it later...
^^^whatever
If you want to see moves watch The Protector.
^^^seen it
good fighting....bulls*** story
Shaolin Soccer and Kung-Fu Hustle are great!

As for the Matrix, it's a rip off of so many things all put into one movie. That doesn't make it any worse or better though. I just wish Equilibrium had waited a year to come out or something. Would have got much more of an audience I think. Gun-kata ftw lol

What movie I found to be a ripoff was Kill Bill. But everyone just says everything in it is an homage to something. I just say rip off.
Flofocus,Jan 27 2007, 05:25 PM Wrote:I watched a kung-fu movie this past weekend...cant remember the name, but boy did the Matrix ever rip it off.

Good movie, to...if I can remember the name I'll edit it later...
[right][snapback]224811[/snapback][/right]

The matrix ripped off a lot of movies... going as far back and further than Dark City.
Flofocus,Jan 27 2007, 03:25 PM Wrote:I watched a kung-fu movie this past weekend...cant remember the name, but boy did the Matrix ever rip it off.
[right][snapback]224811[/snapback][/right]

The fight scene choreographer for the Matrix and Kill Bill movies was Yuen Woo Ping (sometimes credited as Yuen Wo ping, etc), the guy who did the fight scenes for a ton of movies. He's done Iron Monkey, Fearless, etc.. as well as some old movies like the original 1978 Drunken Master and Snake in the Eagles Den with Jackie Chan.