FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Airbag Light
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey. in the last few days my airbag light has been sticking on after I start my car. I ran in through the code reader at work but it gives me nothing. The light is staying on but its not throwing a code.
Any ideas?
honestly man....i think u bought unlucky car....u have nothing but problems with it

sensore?
NikiterZTS,Jan 25 2007, 11:28 PM Wrote:honestly man....i think u bought unlucky car....u have nothing but problems with it

sensore?
[right][snapback]224626[/snapback][/right]
This is only my second repair. The clutch was the only thing that "needed" to be done the rest was a repair of choice.

But the light No shouldnt be a sensor or I would get a code.
check to see if the plugs under the passenger seat are loose or detached
I think there's a sensor under the seat, or at least there is wiring that runs through the center console.. maybe it got knocked loose by something?
It does not always do it.
On my 00 ZX3 it's the same thing.. I did not scan it .

I checked the basic things and gave up .
is it always staying on ?

if check your air bags to see if they are there or not, becuase I have heard of stories of some shops steeling air bags from ppl's cars. Also have it checked out at ford if you can afford it, if the air bag is still there that is.
Looks like the car you bought is a piece of s*** eh?

Who am I to talk though. :lol:
Its actually not sence this is only the second repair. Again I say the clutch needed to be done and I knew that the rest was repair of choice.

This is the first Actual problem im having that I didnt know about so no thus far its not a peice... but if this keeps up then ya.

and no it does not stay on all the time. just when its a cold start.
Ford is gonna check it tonight.
So after having the car checked out ( free of charge ) it comes back as a Microprocessor fail in the air bag ecu.

Though ford isnt sure why it does not always do it but only when its cold it does it.
They cleaned the batter and the ground for the battery and it was fine yesterday when it was warm out.

Gonna talk to ford about my options tomarrow.
Thinkin its gonna go one of 2 ways... Either ill have to replace the ECU board for the airbag system or Im going to inquire about removing the bulb for now.