FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Just Something I Thought Would Be Fun.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Since we have done photo threads I thought I would try this one would be different and fun....Lets see what we as individuals have as personal Mottos, Sayings, or Quotes we follow in life.....

Mine are:

"Luck is for people to lazy to work for what they want."

"The world meets no one half way, so if you want something you have to go and get it."

"Great things come with risks...are you willing to take a risk?"

"You enter this world naked, you leave in a three piece suit. Your always up one no matter what happens in the middle."

i don't live by this one :)
but i hear alot of girls say it

"life is like a dick, when it gets hard. f*** it"
"Neither seek nor shun the fight" (Gaelic proverb) - Unfortunately I get in a few arguments here and there...Which is related to this one:

"It is better to believe in something and be wrong than to believe in nothing at all."

"There are three types of people:
Those who make things happen,
Those who watch things happen,
And those who wonder, 'What happened?'."
"There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count, and those who can't".

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it's happened".

"All good things come to an end, but great things never die".

"Life's a bitch, and then you marry one".

"Stupid people are like slinkies, totally useless but still put a smile on your face when you push them down stairs".
MAlby7,Jan 25 2007, 08:24 AM Wrote:"Stupid people are like slinkies, totally useless but still put a smile on your face when you push them down stairs".
[right][snapback]224496[/snapback][/right]

I work with a couple like that. :lol:
Winston Churchill - I'd rather be right than be consistent.

Alan Kay - The only way to predict the future is to invent it.

One I came up with the other day - If you've seen a chicken running around with it's head cut off you've seen a them all. If you've seen 100 chickens with their heads cut off, running around together, then you must work in IT.

But really.. the one I (try to) live by.

Achieve everything, hurt no-one.
"I'd rather be the flag-bearer of an idea than a card-carrying member of uniformity".

"Because I can" - that seems to sum me up of late.
hmmm...

"Go Big or Go Home" is the first that comes to mind, I've used that one for years...

"It's easy to do it right the first time, than once cheaply and again to fix it"

"Slower traffic keep right" LOL
Heres two I just got told today as advise for me in my life right now:

"when luck has run out all you can due is turn to determination."

"when hope is gone all there's left is the cold hard truth..."

A few from me,

"Go Big or Go Home"

"Whats done is done, dont try to fix it cause you'll **** it up more!"
A good friend of mine gave me this one a while back when work had just become too much and he saw it on my face and heard it in my voice when I stopped in for my weekly sales call. I've tried to live by it since.

"Non illigitamus carborundum - Latin - Don't let the bastards grind you down."

One that I've lived by day by day for about 12 yrs now after I got stabbed in the back(6times) during an event gone bad that a friend didn't survive.

"Trust no one and you won't get burned."

Sounds a little harsh but when you almost die and your best friend dies because of someone you thought your relationship was thicker than blood with you learn not to trust. Haven't been stabbed since :D Just burned, by a cold heated cheating bitch 6 months before the wedding, glad it happened then and not later :P

Following the words of Snoop Dogg

"If you're scared, go to church."
Mine is:

"Those who can do, those who can't teach (or work at the IT Help Desk <_< )"

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jan 25 2007, 03:48 PM Wrote:Mine is:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]224563[/snapback][/right]

I object! :lol:

But then again, I haven't been "help desk" for over 3 years now. Wow, time flies eh?
NefCanuck,Jan 25 2007, 04:48 PM Wrote:Mine is:

NefCanuck

Let's throw in some punctuation and make that make sense...

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those who think they can, but can't, work help desk."

btw, focusracer... HOLY S#!T MAN!!! sorry to hear about your loss (regardless of how long ago it was).. that's some f***ed up s**t there...
A few fav's from Albert Einstein

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not so sure about the universe."

And my personal fave...

"Do something everyday that scares you"

<<<<

Ryan
darkpuppet,Jan 25 2007, 06:16 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jan 25 2007, 04:48 PM Wrote:Mine is:

NefCanuck

Let's throw in some punctuation and make that make sense...

"Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach. Those who think they can, but can't, work help desk."
[right][snapback]224578[/snapback][/right]

Ah, you wanted punctuation did you? Sorry I was too busy waiting on hold with surprise, surprise the Help Desk as our network connection took a dump and all our applications with it... AGAIN! :angry:

I'm at the point where I'm dreaming of hitting that place with a mortar <_<

NefCanuck
focusracer,Jan 25 2007, 04:29 PM Wrote:A good friend of mine gave me this one a while back when work had just become too much and he saw it on my face and heard it in my voice when I stopped in for my weekly sales call. I've tried to live by it since.

"Non illigitamus carborundum - Latin - Don't let the bastards grind you down."

One that I've lived by day by day for about 12 yrs now after I got stabbed in the back(6times) during an event gone bad that a friend didn't survive.

"Trust no one and you won't get burned."

Sounds a little harsh but when you almost die and your best friend dies because of someone you thought your relationship was thicker than blood with you learn not to trust. Haven't been stabbed since :D Just burned, by a cold heated cheating bitch 6 months before the wedding, glad it happened then and not later :P

Following the words of Snoop Dogg

"If you're scared, go to church."
[right][snapback]224562[/snapback][/right]

I am truly sorry for the loss of your friend.
"you're Evil" - friend daying this to me

"I'm evil" - me saying this to my friends.

"If I really was the son of God, I would march you out to the middle of a lake, and hold you head under till the bubbles stop!" - Stweart Gilligan Griffan (Stwiee from Family Guy)

" you live your life to the fullest but never think of it as being full, but then again who ever think's it's always full, is usually full of themselfs" - My Late Grandmother Della Gates.

'Oh!!, that burned me right down to my pussy!" - my Godmother eating a hot onion ring on my 12th b-day.

"Ofcourse I believe Everyone is Kind and Friendly, After all if we we'rnt We'd be Americans Dear" - my Late Grand Mother Della Gates.
one phrase that helps in all things,

Fix the problem, not the blame

Pages: 1 2