FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Eau De Rubber: Kumho Rolls Out Scented Tires
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Eau De Rubber: Kumho Rolls Out Scented Tires
January 24, 2005

RANCHO CUCAMONGA, Calif. — Get ready to burn some lavender.

In one of the stranger tech stories of the year, Kumho Tire USA says it has developed the world's first scented tire.

The tire is targeted at female buyers who drive such vehicles as the Chrysler Sebring, Ford Taurus, Honda Accord, Subaru Outback and Toyota Camry, the company said.

The punsters at Kumho say the aromatic tire is the "fruition" of more than a year's worth of research and development to deliver "an alluring aroma tire that replaces the normal 'black rubber' smell with heat-resistant oils in the scent of lavender, and in later versions, neroli [orange] and jasmine."

The lavender-smelling ESCTA DX tire will be sold through Discount Tire outlets and TireRack.com in three sizes and priced from $119-$138.

What this means to you: The possibilities are endless. We can't wait to burn chocolate!
well they did come out with the first tire that creates coloured smoke during a burnout.
2 years ago......

not to rain on your parade or anything, but I'm sure I mentioned it in the thread about their coloured smoke tire..
People are dying all over the world and they're spending 1 mill on reasearch for sented tires............somethings I dont get in this world.