FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Toyota Recalls 533,000 Tundra, Sequoia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Toyota Recalls Tundra, Sequoia
Januay 19,2007

TORRANCE, Calif. — On the eve of the critical launch of its 2007 Tundra pickup, Japanese auto juggernaut Toyota has stumbled with the announcement that it is recalling half a million of its trucks for potential steering problems.

The recall does not include the new Tundra, Toyota's most serious challenge to Detroit's trucks, but it does cast a pall over the company's upcoming launch of the vehicle.

The recall involves 2004-'06 Tundras and 2004-'07 Sequoias. The automaker has received reports of 11 accidents and six injuries connected to the problem.

Toyota said there is a possibility of excessive wear to a front-suspension lower ball joint that could make it difficult to steer the vehicle. The latest recall comes on the heels of a similar recall in May 2005. Toyota recalled about 775,000 of its pickups and SUVs then because of similar problems with the front suspension. That recall involved 2002-'04 model years of the Tundra and Sequoia.

The automaker said owners will be notified in February of the Sequoia and Tundra recall and said dealerships will replace the part at no charge. Owners can contact Toyota at (888) 270-9371.
No comment from the Ford bashers?
That sounds an awful lot like the 1995-1999 Dodge 3/4 ton and 1 ton issues from a few years back... except with the Dodges it was the Panhard rods if my memory serves me correctly.

I've always felt that the majority of pickups being used as "grocery getters" were a waste of CID and fuel, but I guess we don't need to go down that road again. :rolleyes:
Toyota has had a LOT of recalls lately...

I like this trend.
OAC_Sparky,Jan 22 2007, 10:23 AM Wrote:No comment from the Ford bashers?
[right][snapback]224173[/snapback][/right]

ummm.... this recall is all ford's fault! Ford should learn to engineer a better toyota!!

:P