FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Stereo
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been having this "problem" though it’s not really a problem more of an irritation factor than anything.

Its the stereo in the car, that little panel that comes off the stereo for securities, the radio buttons, 2 and 5 don't work sometimes, and won't light up, unless I push on that little panel hard, and than they light up, but only for a few seconds before going out again.

How can I fix that? Its not serious, but its odd looking over at the radio and night and seeing two buttons out, and the others fine. Should the contacts be cleaned? Or what?
Definately the first thing i would do is take either contact cleaner or rubbing alcohol and clean the contacts on the back of the little panel and the radio itself. Thats the best thing you could do.

Honestly the best thing to do is just get rid of the POS stock radio and get something aftermarket, problem solved.
Rubber eraser on the contacts work great, also you might want to try lifting the points a bit. Try that and let us know how it went.