FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Going To Wiarton For Groundhog Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm settling in to work this morning and I get a call from a local radio station saying that I've won one of their on-line contests (Fan 590)

I've won one of their "Live Like A Legend" draws that I entered and guess which one it was?

You guessed it. I've won a three day stay at a bed & breakfast in Wiarton for two and will be part of the ceremonies at dawn on Feb 2 to see if Wiarton Willie sees his shadow...

WHILE DRESSED IN A WHITE TUXEDO, WITH TAILS & A WHITE TOP HAT!

I can't ever say I never win anything in those radio station contests but this takes the cake for the craziest prize I've ever won :blink: :lol:

NefCanuck
LOL

congrats I think ?
I see you said that you won the contest for two... which of us were you planning on taking ;)
Congrats.

And to you my little hog friend... Enjoy your moment in the spotlight. For when global warming goes into full effect, you will no longer be needed. :rolleyes:
Sounds more like punishment than a prize. But hey to each their own right? Have fun with it. Lets hope you don't get stuck like Bill Murray.

[Image: groundhog.jpg]
ZX5chica,Jan 19 2007, 01:47 PM Wrote:I see you said that you won the contest for two... which of us were you planning on taking ;)
[right][snapback]223919[/snapback][/right]

Whoever's willing to be seen with me after they dress me up like that :ph34r: :D

I've actually spoken to the rep. from the Wiarton festival, it was so surreal as I'm being told that I'm actually one member of Willie's "Shadow Cabinet of Ten" as the Minister of Marmots. I'm thinking to myself "They take their festival very seriously"

Craziest part is the night before (Feb 1) there's a media reception where she explains that the media will want to pump me for sound bites and video.

So I'm putting out the call to any and all FC members who can get any sort of audio/video/print of this debacle to capture it for posterity (Or more likely around here blackmail purposes)

I'll be recording the Toronto evening newscasts from CTV & Global on Feb 2 so if others can keep an eye on other channels that'd be great ;)

NefCanuck
Focus man, Focus.,Jan 19 2007, 03:01 PM Wrote:Sounds more like punishment than a prize.  But hey to each their own right?  Have fun with it.  Lets hope you don't get stuck like Bill Murray. 
[right][snapback]223929[/snapback][/right]

Hey, as long as the weather co-operates, it'll be a pleasant drive and a fun way to waste a couple vacation days :P

NefCanuck
lol I knew a chick from there. biggest pot head town ever lol
Mason,Jan 19 2007, 04:59 PM Wrote:lol I knew a chick from there. biggest pot head town ever lol
[right][snapback]223945[/snapback][/right]

Might need to score some weed to get through this... Turns out these people even have a parade! :blink:

Talk about milking an event for all its worth

NefCanuck
ZX5chica,Jan 19 2007, 01:47 PM Wrote:I see you said that you won the contest for two... which of us were you planning on taking ;)

I think the answer is clear.

meford4u,Jan 17 2007, 11:13 PM Wrote:Keep in mind Neffer that I too am a mod and have learned what is acceptable outside the box of Handicapped Parking.
And offering sex for beer is ok.
[right][snapback]223713[/snapback][/right]

A stop in at the beer store on the trip up, and you'll have a "memorable" weekend.

:blink:

.... :lol:

Congrats anyways Daniel. :)
Boy, this just keeps getting more & more interesting. I took a look at the place they're shacking me up from Feb 1 to the 3rd.

Bay View Bed & Breakfast

This'll be better than a vacation, all expenses paid and I still get all the amenities that a big city boy like me needs :D

So what if I'm now "The Minister of Marmots" :D

EDIT

Thanks to the power of "th3 int3rn3t" I managed to dig up the official website for this thing too... God I'm going to be living a Red Green Sketch :lol:

Wiarton Willie Festival Info

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jan 20 2007, 12:01 PM Wrote:So what if I'm now "The Minister of Marmots" :P [right][snapback]223998[/snapback][/right]
Congrats NefCanuck, everyone knows that's a major stepping stone to becoming PM.

And to think I had you at my house for pizza. Damn, I'll be able to charge tours someday. :lol:
OMG this is freakin' hilarious!
OAC_Sparky,Jan 20 2007, 02:55 AM Wrote:

I think the answer is clear.

meford4u,Jan 17 2007, 11:13 PM Wrote:Keep in mind Neffer that I too am a mod and have learned what is acceptable outside the box of Handicapped Parking.
And offering sex for beer is ok.
[right][snapback]223713[/snapback][/right]

A stop in at the beer store on the trip up, and you'll have a "memorable" weekend.

:blink:

.... :lol:

Congrats anyways Daniel. :)
[right][snapback]223985[/snapback][/right]
that's just trash talk..........you know your jealous.
ANTHONYD,Jan 20 2007, 12:56 PM Wrote:OMG this is freakin' hilarious!
[right][snapback]224015[/snapback][/right]

You said it, I can't stop laughing at the sheer insanity of it all :P :lol:

NefCanuck
:lol: Congrats... I'll be watching that on TV for sure! Will everyone part of the ceremony be dressed up in a white tux?
euro_zx5,Jan 20 2007, 04:49 PM Wrote::lol: Congrats... I'll be watching that on TV for sure! Will everyone part of the ceremony be dressed up in a white tux?
[right][snapback]224036[/snapback][/right]

I think so, the "cabinet" includes the local MP, MPP, the mayor, Luba Goy (From Royal Canadian Air Farce) and some other digintaries.

I'll likely be the tallest one there and the one that looks like the Mr. Clean knock off :P

NefCanuck
i am fully expecting video clips of you in the white tux, it will be the new mascot for the site!!!