FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Buying A New/used Car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Wifey and I are going to start looking at cars this spring...I'm not sure what you guys have driven lately but thought I'd ask for some of your opinions. Cars that we've been looking at:

-05/06 Mazda 6's
-05/06 Accords (Im really impressed with ours now, but f*** is it ever boring looking, even the new ones)
-01/02 Lexus IS300 (now were going into higher Km's)
-03/04 Infiniti G35 (same as above, higher km's)
-04/05 Dodge Charger (with hemi)
-New Camry
-03/04 Subaru WRX

It's hard....I've driven the mazda 6 and IS 300....I LOVE the is300 but were looking at 80K+. With the mazda 6 we can find some with under 50K for the 25-30k range....v6 to, and its a fun car to drive. And of course the wrx....always enjoy driving the thing. Andrea doesnt really like it though.

But then....I really like the new Camry. Its new styling is really nice.

So hard to pick....lol.
I would say G35. I really like them. I'm in a similar market as you are and its hard finding a good car these days.

Most are either too $ or are too abused.

it all depends on what do you really want the car for? but I would still say G35. These days they are going for cheap as well I'm sure you can get 03 for around 20$, maybe even less.
I was talking to my subaru freind (he was the head mechanic for both bmw and subaru) and he said theyre a pita to work on. I really like it....and you can get the x model for high 20's. *drool*

But then I want something that is easy to work on to.
now days most cars are hard to work on lot of electrical stuff and lot of computers,

Have you looked at any Bimmers? 330X or 325X? it should be around the same price range
id go with these choices....wrx,g35,IS300
G35, IS300 <<<<my favorites
go with the g35... unless you can find a deal on a Charger SRT-8. i've seen some go as low as 40gs... brand new...

The first year of the charger is 06... 05 was the first year for the magnum and 300
I think out of all your choices the g35 has the most expensive parts.........just a heads up.
Have you looked at bringing a car in from the US?
I've been looking at it and I have a friend who just brought in an Acura RL from Florida. The adventure saved him $10000 Canadian when all was said and done.
And it was super easy.
Flo you should check the ford fusion, I know its not on your list but under the skin its a mazda6 with more space and handle like a big focus .You can get one brand new under 30G if you go with the base model 2.3L duratec with five speed,and there is lots of room in the engine bay say a turbo down the road B)
My neighbour and uncle have G35's and they had problems with the brakes wearing out quickly. Infiniti has said they have fixed the problem but my neighbour still seems to have the problem. Mind you she rides the brake a lot.
Honestly you know the Mazda 6 is reliable, you know the WRX will be fun to drive, and you know the Camry will come with full warranty. You know to stay away from the charger because dodge sux ass.
I have a 60 day account with carfax if you would like a report on anything
meford4u,Jan 18 2007, 10:08 PM Wrote:Have you looked at bringing a  car in from the US?
I've been looking at it and I have a friend who just brought in an Acura RL from Florida.  The adventure saved him $10000 Canadian when all was said and done.
And it was super easy.
[right][snapback]223863[/snapback][/right]

Could you PM me the details? Could I get an STI for say...25k CDN? No...How much more? That would be sweet.

Quote:Flo you should check the ford fusion

no Fords.

Quote:now days most cars are hard to work on lot of electrical stuff and lot of computers,

Have you looked at any Bimmers? 330X or 325X? it should be around the same price range

Yes I have, 325x model, loved it.

She doesnt like bmw's that much. She hates the one I have now. :lol:

Nate,, think about something with 4 doors :P....you got a house, you got a dog, know what comes next....
Flo, check out nasioc.com... the car classifieds. last year before i bought the 300 i was looking into importing an sti. with everything in, you could probably get one over here for 32 cdn... 04s usually run between 22-23k USD. after i factored in exchange, import fees and taxes it's still alot cheaper than the canadian offerings.
MAlby7,Jan 18 2007, 09:25 PM Wrote:Honestly you know the Mazda 6 is reliable, you know the WRX will be fun to drive, and you know the Camry will come with full warranty.  You know to stay away from the charger because dodge sux ass.
[right][snapback]223868[/snapback][/right]

i wouldn't say that... My dodge works better than my ford ever did. :rolleyes:

Not to mention, besides all the computers in the car, regular maintenence is pretty cheap (if not done at the dealership)
Nate, my buddy at work is thinking of selling his '03 G35... PM me if you want details (he's on Redliners too).

Ryan
G35 for a coupe, WRX for a 4-door or a wagon.

You, the G/F, the puppies... get a wagon. :P
whatever you get make sure it has four doors - you'l regret it if you don't !! I vote for the Camry - although a tad boring its reliable and has very good re-sale value. My two cents.
Pages: 1 2 3