FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Repairs Today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my buddie at midas has my car as of 8am.

Doing the clutch, Belt, Idler pully, tensioner pully, Check the timing and an oil change.
All for only 600$ labor...... and thats still less then ford wanted for it.
I actually trust this guy lol
:lol:
Midas eh?
ANTHONYD,Jan 18 2007, 09:36 AM Wrote:Midas eh?
[right][snapback]223756[/snapback][/right]

Ya got a buddie who works there.
I trust an oilchange place over ever letting a ford dealer touch anything more complicated then a wiper blade.
Mason,Jan 18 2007, 09:47 AM Wrote:

I trust an oilchange place over ever letting a ford dealer touch anything more complicated then a wiper blade.
[right][snapback]223767[/snapback][/right]

:lol:

I'd trust a qualified ford mechanic before any oil change place.
Mason,Jan 18 2007, 08:47 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]223767[/snapback][/right]

And the last time I trusted a jackass, dropouts-are-special oilchange place with changing the oil in the SPI... I had excessive tapping that miraculously went away after Ford worked their magic on the car. 2 1/2 years of driving it and it never really came back.

For the entire time we've got the new hatch, it'll never get serviced anywhere else other than Ford.
He is Licenced and Qualified dont get me wrong. He is a friend of my father, Currently helping build the 8.5lt mustang race car.

Probibly knows more then alot of the ford mechanics. And for dealerships in london at retarded.
Just because you trusted some one who you shouldnt have does not me everyone eles would make that same mistake.
i don't mind Midas...did a bunch of stuff with them.....but yea i think Ford mechanics would be better

Trust the Midas touch
NikiterZTS,Jan 18 2007, 04:10 PM Wrote:i don't mind Midas...did a bunch of stuff with them.....but yea i think Ford mechanics would be better

Trust the Midas touch
[right][snapback]223810[/snapback][/right]

Ya well here in london watching ford try to fix somthing is like watching a chimp learn to use a hammer.

I woulda had MT.brydges ford do it cause them i trust with everything but they cant get me in for 3 weeks... and frankly the clutch wouldnt have lasted that long.
Mason,Jan 18 2007, 05:16 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Jan 18 2007, 04:10 PM Wrote:i don't mind Midas...did a bunch of stuff with them.....but yea i think Ford mechanics would be better

Trust the Midas touch
[right][snapback]223810[/snapback][/right]

Ya well here in london watching ford try to fix somthing is like watching a chimp learn to use a hammer.

I woulda had MT.brydges ford do it cause them i trust with everything but they cant get me in for 3 weeks... and frankly the clutch wouldnt have lasted that long.
[right][snapback]223821[/snapback][/right]

Didn't you just buy that car????

Isn't that stuff still under warantee???
Got it private and the guy made me aware that the clutch needed to be done.

thats why it cost me 6300$ :D

And most of the parts cost me next to nothing.

I just figured do the rest of the stuff while they are doing the clutch that way I wont have to worry about it later.

And no used car warrenty covers clutch. Less the clutch actually blows and I dont really wanna let it come to that.