FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Finally Bought The Escape
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yep, finally found the one :)

04 Escape Limited with all the toys expect for Mach Audio :(
Car is in the show getting looked after for stuff and hopefuly i should have it for the weekend.

Will post pictures later.
Mo

PS. Bye bye 01 ZTS. I still have my 01 Zx3 :)
cool congrats Mo!
:postpics: :postpics: :postpics:
haha. I know tel me about it.

SO here is the latest update:
Bought the car from the Auction yesterday and while we were driving it to my dad's dealer my dad noticed a noise coming from the tires/bearing or something like that from the rear.
Took it to my mechanic and he told me it might be the transfer case and it might cost lot of money to fix it. So my dad called the Auction back and now its in arbitration. We have to wait and see what the Auction mechanics will say. The escape is the old Lease return from Ford Canada so I just have to wait and see what will happen next.

This sucks because I wanted the give the car to Kelly this weekend, but I might have to wait for a bit to see what the outcome will be.
If you can once its running give a gas consumption update... our escape seems to like to suck up the winter gas way too fast. You got the V6 I assume...
hardk0re,Jan 18 2007, 11:05 AM Wrote:If you can once its running give a gas consumption update... our escape seems to like to suck up the winter gas way too fast.  You got the V6 I assume...
[right][snapback]223786[/snapback][/right]

Well, the Escape V6 isn't IIRC easy on gas to start with, add into the mix gas that has a higher ethanol content during the winter (The magic "anti-freeze") and that'd probably explain it.

What kind of mileage numbers are you getting? I know right now I'm only getting about 10.5l/100km in the Focus thanks to the craptastic winter gas

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Jan 18 2007, 12:16 PM Wrote:
hardk0re,Jan 18 2007, 11:05 AM Wrote:If you can once its running give a gas consumption update... our escape seems to like to suck up the winter gas way too fast.  You got the V6 I assume...
[right][snapback]223786[/snapback][/right]

Well, the Escape V6 isn't IIRC easy on gas to start with, add into the mix gas that has a higher ethanol content during the winter (The magic "anti-freeze") and that'd probably explain it.

What kind of mileage numbers are you getting? I know right now I'm only getting about 10.5l/100km in the Focus thanks to the craptastic winter gas

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]223793[/snapback][/right]

woo! 11.3 in the 300c!
the Escape had transfer case problem so it went back to FORD. Deal is off :(

too bad bc it was an amazing deal too. Ohh well back to search again