FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Need A New Horn.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a simple question to those who have replaced their horn. Does the Focus take a single wire domestic or a dual wire import horn? I want to be sure I pick up the correct on so I do not have to make a return trip to the parts store. Just to make it clear I do know that the Focus is a domestic car but it was originally a european car and I am not sure what it takes.

Any help will be appreciated.

Kevin
The focus uses a single wire, at least mine did.
hey Kev i believe Mike has and extra one
Thanks Kev, I thought so.

Nik, horns are cheap enough I don't need a used one. Thanks for the lead though.

I will let you all know how I make out.
You can buy a FIAMM replacement horn from CT actually...I replaced mine with the "High-tone" one, which was supposed to sound like a euro one...
And how does it sound? Does it make people move or do you think a low tone is a better way to go? I still haven't fixed this yet. I am so embarased everytime I have to honk. I would probably be better off opening the window and yelling.
Go with the lower tone...the higher one sounds wimpy...I THOUGHT that the car was gonna have a horn tone like say...a Saab 9000...OMG I LOVED the horn on that car when my parents had it. Sounded like a brass Quintet or something hitting an awesome chord...

lol

You COULD always get the FIAMM Air Horn kits...they can be custom tuned to your sound of choice...

L8tz!