FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Just Some Good Ol'boys
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
James and I had some fun today while taking some shots around the lower mainland. Yes, I was a bit chicken s*** to stand in front of his car. Otherwise, well you'll see..

We were just having some fun after taking a sunday drive and a few shots.

[Image: Whiterock%20(Medium).jpg]

[Image: Oops%20(Medium).jpg]

[Image: slipping%20(Medium).jpg]

[Image: jerrico%20(Medium).jpg]

[Image: highway%20(Medium).jpg]

and for the grand finale please use "Save As" as so not to kill my bandwidth ;)

Live action footage!!
Nice moves... I'm assuming you both have manual trannies eh?

Ah the fun of a manual and the e-brake on ice :P

NefCanuck
well, I certainly hope my SVT does :P

You don't require a manual setup to do what we were doing.
Just glad you didn't slam into a building...... you'd be on one of those joke sites then.....

i love those rims on a yellow focus

i did some of those e-brakes today as well :)
hardk0re,Jan 15 2007, 10:13 PM Wrote:Just glad you didn't slam into a building...... you'd be on one of those joke sites then.....
[right][snapback]223496[/snapback][/right]

even if I had that'd be my own fault and I doubt I'd post something that stupid but, thanks for the concern. Total control of the car was there and if you look closer at the footage the speed wasn't anything near fast. Had I more space and most importantly proper tires then I'd give it a little more. This was nothing more than one taking singletrack bike up some trails with a few drop offs or one on a skateboard in a park.
FociBC,Jan 16 2007, 12:12 AM Wrote:well, I certainly hope my SVT does :P

You don't require a manual setup to do what we were doing.
[right][snapback]223495[/snapback][/right]

LOL true enough on the SVT.

Yeah well even if I had enough space around here to try those stunts I'm afraid my car is so "winter proof" between the TC/snow tires, I doubt I could get much sliding accomplished unless I was doing things Evel Knevil (sp?) style :P

NefCanuck
I just realised how much i dont miss handbrakes in the winter. awd control baby :wub:
Flofocus,Jan 16 2007, 10:47 AM Wrote:I just realised how much i dont miss handbrakes in the winter.    awd control baby :wub:
[right][snapback]223523[/snapback][/right]

shakes fist :P What car do you have that is AWD?

didn't help either us were on all seasons.
the car in the avatar & sig.
Hey Nef you can have winters all around and still do drifting at least...might have to work a little harder to get her to come around though. I like my setup...new winters up front and new all seasons in the back....don't even need the e-brake to drift and just a very little to get started into the spin....god these cars are the bomb...
PIGEON1,Jan 16 2007, 09:52 PM Wrote:Hey Nef you can have winters all around and still do drifting at least...might have to work a little harder to get her to come around though. I like my setup...new winters up front and new all seasons in the back....don't even need the e-brake to drift and just a very little to get started into the spin....god these cars are the bomb...
[right][snapback]223553[/snapback][/right]

I'll have to see if I can test that theory in an open lot somewhere (I still think the traction control would kill the fun really quick (and this TC is such a big brother device, you can't shut the sucker all the way down unless you wanna start hacking away at the wiring for it <_< )

NefCanuck
Flofocus,Jan 16 2007, 06:40 PM Wrote:the car in the avatar & sig.
[right][snapback]223549[/snapback][/right]

Figured it was the BMW just wanted to double check that
FociBC,Jan 17 2007, 12:25 AM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jan 16 2007, 06:40 PM Wrote:the car in the avatar & sig.
[right][snapback]223549[/snapback][/right]

Figured it was the BMW just wanted to double check that
[right][snapback]223567[/snapback][/right]

I wish it was the focus!!!!
NefCanuck,Jan 16 2007, 11:14 PM Wrote:
PIGEON1,Jan 16 2007, 09:52 PM Wrote:Hey Nef you can have winters all around and still do drifting at least...might have to work a little harder to get her to come around though. I like my setup...new winters up front and new all seasons in the back....don't even need the e-brake to drift and just a very little to get started into the spin....god these cars are the bomb...
[right][snapback]223553[/snapback][/right]

I'll have to see if I can test that theory in an open lot somewhere (I still think the traction control would kill the fun really quick (and this TC is such a big brother device, you can't shut the sucker all the way down unless you wanna start hacking away at the wiring for it <_< )

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]223556[/snapback][/right]

Isn't there a fuse or relay you can pull for that....probably would be uder the hood....
PIGEON1,Jan 17 2007, 05:43 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Jan 16 2007, 11:14 PM Wrote:I'll have to see if I can test that theory in an open lot somewhere (I still think the traction control would kill the fun really quick (and this TC is such a big brother device, you can't shut the sucker all the way down unless you wanna start hacking away at the wiring for it <_< )

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]223556[/snapback][/right]

Isn't there a fuse or relay you can pull for that....probably would be uder the hood....
[right][snapback]223675[/snapback][/right]

Not on the '05's, they tied it in with the ABS and lord knows I don't wanna disable that at all :P I'd still need n open space to play on and not many exist anymore in the GTA :(

NefCanuck
Damb them car designers...take all the fun out of everything there is to do with a car.....well not mine, cause I for 5speed and theres no TC on it...lol.
I don't care for ABS in my svt.. but, if your just getting to know your car in a lot why not just pull the fuse? The svt has it tied into the ABS as well however, I am thankful I do not have TC.

And flofocus... Don't we all wish it was AWD

Speaking of AWD FOCUS...

check this out

WRC FOCUS PRACTICE
hhhm that guy can drive just like me
Nice. :)
Pages: 1 2