FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Some American Websites...sheesh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a short little rant about how some websites aren't designed properly. Not just that, but the way e-commerce is done with some manufacturers/companies in general. My example for tonight....Year One. In order to buy something online from them, you need to register an account (something I'm not interested in doing, I just wanna buy stuff with a credit card and leave), but in order to register an account, you need to indicate what state you live in. Well, that's ok, I'll just put "other" or "outside usa"....oh wait a minute...you can't do that, you MUST enter a state...hmmm, if I do that, then my adress and postal code will be wrong.

Companies need to think that there might be customers north of the border, or overseas that can't do things the way they want, because they aren't american.

Get a clue folks.

I'm done.
On the Shopping Cart page of the Year One web site, I see an "International" button. If I click this, it appears I can submit my order without having to create an account, and the form that comes up has a field labeled "State/Province". :blink:
yeah I had no issues getting parts from them when I ordered parts for the '66 stang ever...
Oh I'm having a running battle with a website justl ike that.

I own a Gyration mouse (Mouse with a built in gyroscope, lets me use it in the air or on the desk) and the battery is starting to get flaky on me (It is two years old after all)

So I go to the companies website, not only does their website not accept Canadian addresses for parts orders but the only # for their parts department is a toll free number that can't be reached from Canada! :angry:

I emailed an inquiry about this and they did send me different contact information including a different toll free number so I'll try that Monday but christ, they sell their products in Canada through several large retailers including Future Shop, you'd think they'd support the product properly if they sell it up here? :rolleyes:

NefCanuck
Yeah, I looked up what the others on her mentioned about the Year One site, and I ended up taking care of what I wanted. However, it wouldn't let me complete my order until I told the order form what kind of car I have. Ummm...it's a 1977 Chevrolet Silverado with a 8ft fleetside box...it HAD to have a bodystyle, and I thought, well, I just told you what body style. Still no good. So, I had to lie and say it's a 2-dr coupe or something...only way to complete the order...lol!

All I wanted was a Ken Harrison radio for the cab...so that I could have a working stereo in it again, and one that looks stock/stealth.

I agree, that sometimes people who design websites need to sweat the details a little bit, or do a better job of keeping things up to date.

One more gripe about websites that cater to parts and other stuff for cars...they usually have a bad habit of having a non-exsistant description of the item, or pictures, or they list the items as a universal part for several years of the same vehicle. Umm, everything isn't always the same for every model, and it's good to SEE the difference from one part to the next.

Anyways, I will get my radio soon enough (being shipped by UPS).

L8tz