FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dumn Luck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, first the wind picks up a sign and slams it into my car damaging the hood and smashing the windshield the other day. Then the clean up kid, who has a severe case of stunned c***initis, decides that he wants to move it so he can sweep under it, since we have to leave a key in it inside the shop he was able to.

I hear pounding music and come walking around the corner to see him headbanging and playing f***ing air guitar like a f***in retard to TOOL in my car, all I can hear is pounding bass and distortion as he has the volume at (he says) about 55, I play it usually around 30 for a good volume, max about 40-45 (absolute MAX) that's more than loud. He sees me, panics and goes to turn it down and instead turns it up even more.

Yup, blew the fuse on the deck, Thank god that was all he blew, the amp was roasting hot when I popped the hatch to check it. I'm waiting to see if I want to be nice to him or not (Yeah, I think you blew my deck!!! :angry: :P )

Then this morning, driving to work I come off the freeway onto the off ramp and WTF!!!???!!! I have no power steering. So I get to work, thiniking, no way the pump could freeze up, pull the car inside again, pop the hood, yup, when the sign hit the hood, it went far enough to crack the lid on the power steering reservoir in turn sending little pieces of plastic through the lines and into the pump which equals, fubar'd power steering pump

So, no car tonight as I don't want to damage the steering box in case of fluid starvation and although I'm getting the pump done tomorrow, I may not have my reservoir in time as it's coming from Edmonton unless the pump (coming from Vancouver) has a reservoir with it. Fun Times
s***ty luck, shouldnt get any worse

things will look up
That must have been one hell of a big sign.

It's really to bad that the kid "blew" you deck. Do you think its time for an upgrade?

Hopefully those little plastic pieces didn't get into the rack as well. That would be another un-needed expense.

Its a good thing bad things happen in 3's. You don't need anymore crap happening.
Yeah, at least that was all 3 in quick succession. The sign was a steel frame with plywood, about 4'x6', weighed about 80 lbs. I've been looking at an upgrade for my stereo but I just don't know if I can be that much of an ass, although I think I have the right to be. The only thing is that an upgrade would be a minimum of a g note or more.

As for plastic getting into the rack, we think there's a filter or a screen just off the pump that may have caught it. I'll find out when it gets torn down tomorrow, regardless I'm having the shop drain and flush the whole system.
focusracer,Jan 11 2007, 06:39 PM Wrote:Yeah, at least that was all 3 in quick succession. The sign was a steel frame with plywood, about 4'x6', weighed about 80 lbs. I've been looking at an upgrade for my stereo but I just don't know if I can be that much of an ass, although I think I have the right to be. The only thing is that an upgrade would be a minimum of a g note or more.

As for plastic getting into the rack, we think there's a filter or a screen just off the pump that may have caught it. I'll find out when it gets torn down tomorrow, regardless I'm having the shop drain and flush the whole system.
[right][snapback]223019[/snapback][/right]

Geez, people have no respect for others property these days. Hell, even if all that's wrong on your deck is a fuse, I'd argue you could still charge him a "parts & labour" fee since you have to yank the deck out to fix it after he fubared it <_<

Good plan of a flush, even if there is a screen, you didn't notice the lines getting sliced, so there could be pieces in the system that were small enough to get past the screen.

NefCanuck
Yeah, I figure some of it could have got ground up pretty good so I want to flush it to get the "gravel", so to say, out of it.
Ya i think charging the kid for a whole new deck is kinda much but a small labour fee for blowing the fuse seems about right.

Flushing the system is prolly the best idea all things considered. Better to spend a lil extra money know to have some peace of mind that a little piece won't cause problems later.
Can't you go after the city for the repairs to your car? i'm assuming it was one of there signs. i know you can out here.

As far as the deck..... go ahead make the kid pay for the upgrade, will teach him not to screw with other peoples property. And just pull the face plate next time, that's what i have always done when anyone else has access to my car.
The sign actually belonged to my work. They're paying all the cost of the body repairs etc. All I need ot pay for is part of the repair of the power steering pump, it is 6 yrs old afterall, we just haven't discussed what % yet.
I'd stick the moron kid with the deck replacement. Make sure your old deck is "discontinued" as well. :D

As for the rest, s***ty deal. At least your work is being up-front about everything and covering the damages. And, they should be covering the power steering pump replacement as their sign did the initial damage to the component.
Well, seems stuff did go pretty crummy for you, but it's always cool when people and places wanna fess up and pay for their fault. Why would you need to spend over a grand on a HU? That's nuts man...

Now that I have the Stang, every time it goes into a shop, I either write down the mileage, or I reset the trip computer, so I can see if anyone decided to take my car on like a 20-50km "test drive" after working on it. If there is, then there'll be hell to pay, as I'm not paying someone to joyride my car. As for when I had the Focus, I always pulled the deck faceplate, and removed the remote and the cd wallet from the car too, so nobody grabs "souveneirs".

Anyways, best of luck to ya!
I'd need to spend over a g on a hu because I want this

Pioneer AVH-P5700DVD

Anything less would be pointless for me at this point.

And I generally do the exact same thing as you said about the souvenirs, joyrides etc but this being that it was at my place of employment and I'm generally within 100 ft of where it was, I figured I didn't need to worry about it. Guess I should keep to my old saying, Trust no one and you won't get burned.
is the kid gonna pay?

Because he sould...one way or another :twak:
Well, kinda. I replaced the fuse and everything's fine. I was going to let it slide but his dad showed up today wanting to talk to "the asshole who swore and screamed" at his kid. So we talked and I gave him a bit of an exxagerated value of everything and then said "By th way, is he giving me the hundred bucks it cost to fix my deck or are you, I was gonna just let it be but then you had to come down here to berate me for something I was totally justified in doing, I should have smacked him a couple times to teach a lesson." He quite promptly gave me 5 20's and walked away.

To add insult to injury, I guess yesterday was his second warning/screwup and he hit somebody with a forklift today and ended up getting fired. He lasted 4 days and that's, according to him, the longest he's had a job. He's 21 and daddy does everything and buys everything and fixes his mistakes for him. The kid's gonna amount to nothing. I ALMOST feel sorry for him.

If I'm ever cursed to have kids, I'll give them a good life and they won't want for much because I'll do the best I can but I will not spoil them. They'll know the value of a dollar and they'll damn sure know the meaning of hard work.
"hit someone with a forklift?" wtf.... i think you should give his old man a swift boot in the arse for good measure....
Yeah, I swear the guys knuckles drag on the ground when he walks. The guy he hit with the forklift was sitting at the table that we sit at for coffee and lunch breaks, half witt comes whipping through the bay door at like mach 10 about a billion times over the 10mph posted lot speed limit, sees the semi that's parked there at the last second and whips the forklift hard right, sending the back end of the forklift into buddy's chair taking probably 5 yrs off the poor bastards life.

I swear if this guy procreates, the kid's going to be drooling and wearing a hockey helmet.
wow that deck is expensive and you get nothing with it........NO ipod connector, NO Navigation system. Your essentially paying for a screen and the ability to play DVD movies.........but thats all show.
I can't beleive that being fired is all that guy got. He should have had charges, fines and possible jailtime...I know that's the way they do things down at Hamilton Steel and Dofasco...when someone gets hurt due to negligence, then the person who's responsible gets upto all 3 of those things I mentioned...
Drivesthebeast,Jan 14 2007, 10:47 AM Wrote:I can't beleive that being fired is all that guy got.  He should have had charges, fines and possible jailtime...I know that's the way they do things down at Hamilton Steel and Dofasco...when someone gets hurt due to negligence, then the person who's responsible gets upto all 3 of those things I mentioned...
[right][snapback]223301[/snapback][/right]

You work down here in Hamilton?

But at least you got some cash for the situation, that father sounds like quite a prick. Not helping his son at all by paying off the situation for him. Hopefully the kid owes the father, maybe he'll learn a lesson. :unsure: