FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Sunoco Gas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
was talking with a friend at work today and something came up about gas stations. he was telling me that him and someone else he know has both noticed that they get less KM's per tank of gas then they do if the go anywhere else. so i was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this?
dunno i usually fill up a Canadian Tire, jsut for the money. but i do have a full tank of sunoco 87 in my car right now, ill report in a few days on my experience.

i have hear though, the people get better mileage with Shell gas, and specifically with the V-Power 91 (93???) octane. Alot of tuners go to Sunoco Ultra 94, but ive heard that V-power gives comparable numbers and is better on the mileage front.
i just went tonight and filled up at sunoco, just to see if it is actually for real
Sunoco has roughly 10% ethanol in their gas. Ethanol, although it burns cleaner, returns less mileage. So yep, you'll get less mileage on Sunoco gas.

Same goes for all Ethanol fuels.

Patrick Bedard of Car&Driver on Ethanol

Ryan
sunoco has the best gas on the market - it also has less deposits that are going to be left in your engine

it also has like 45% less pollutants in it then the others
go for the petro 94 in quebec if you can. Good stuff. :D
Flofocus,Jan 10 2007, 10:37 AM Wrote:go for the petro 94 in quebec if you can.  Good stuff. :D
[right][snapback]222830[/snapback][/right]

petro has 94???
ZX5focused,Jan 10 2007, 12:19 PM Wrote:
Flofocus,Jan 10 2007, 10:37 AM Wrote:go for the petro 94 in quebec if you can.  Good stuff. :D

petro has 94???
[right][snapback]222835[/snapback][/right]

only in quebec. :D
Flofocus,Jan 10 2007, 12:14 PM Wrote:
ZX5focused,Jan 10 2007, 12:19 PM Wrote:

petro has 94???
[right][snapback]222835[/snapback][/right]

only in quebec. :D
[right][snapback]222843[/snapback][/right]

my car gets 87 anyways, so no biggie
Yeah, whats the use of using 94 octane if you don't have a tune to take advantage of the increase in octane?
I mostly get Cnd Tire also because of the money.
But, I will use Ultramar when when I'm stuck for gas (as in not close enough to a cnd tire station).
Gravter,Jan 10 2007, 01:44 PM Wrote:Yeah, whats the use of using 94 octane if you don't have a tune to take advantage of the increase in octane?
I mostly get Cnd Tire also because of the money.
But, I will use Ultramar when when I'm stuck for gas (as in not close enough to a cnd tire station).
[right][snapback]222846[/snapback][/right]

there really is no use, I use it for obvious reasons.
thanks that is good to know because i have a sunoco close to my house and use it everynow and then but never really watch to see how many Km's i get. i think i may start going to CDN tire which is also close to my house just for the money.
tippmann,Jan 10 2007, 05:45 PM Wrote:thanks  that is good to know because i have a sunoco close to my house and use it everynow and then but never really watch to see how many Km's i get. i think i may start going to CDN tire which is also close to my house just for the money.
[right][snapback]222897[/snapback][/right]

make sure to use the multiplyer coupons, thats what really makes it worth it. i always reset my odometer everytime i fill up to track my mileage.
seen those coupons but i don't think i have ever gotten one..hmm
I only use Sunoco. When I had my Ranger... we got the most km's out of Sunoco gas; complete opposite to Crappy Tire's water (gas).
tippmann,Jan 10 2007, 05:59 PM Wrote:seen those coupons but i don't think i have ever gotten one..hmm
[right][snapback]222906[/snapback][/right]

use them, they are in the flyer or get them at the cashier, usually turn $.20 into $1 minimum
thats not to bad. gunna have to keep a lookout for them next time im at CDN tire
I used Sunoco for years. Now I find Pioneer 91 better for my Premium required Marauder. Also now with the Pioneer key tab bonus bucks I've cashed-in over $50 towards purchases.

https://secure.pioneer.ca/bonusbucks/webregistration/
my gas mileage is crap. period
Esso is using up to 10% Ethanol now apparently, but they won't tell how much is in each grade of fuel. Nice.

I thought it was looking a little low before we traded vehicles. Now I know why.
Pages: 1 2