FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Bad Idle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know where I can buy a gasket for my FC throttle body? I have a high idle since I put it on. I tried to make my own with gasket maker and it came down qiute a bit but still idles high. I can feel where the leak is and it wont stop. I just want to buy a proper gasket for it and put that to rest.
if u won't be able to find one anywhere...id say just cut one out yourself...

i remember we did it in autoclass in high school ones
I did make one myself but it doesnt seal properly...thats why I just want to buy a proper one
I think there is a gasket sealant you can buy. I'm not sure but check it out.
the other thing u could try is to put that "gasket seal" around the gasket that you made and then put the TB on it.....it comes in plastic bottle and u just squeez it out and it drys out and seals everything.....
thats what i did to mine....
Where you live red
NikiterZTS,Jan 7 2007, 04:27 AM Wrote:the other thing u could try is to put that "gasket seal" around the gasket that you made and then put the TB on it.....it comes in plastic bottle and u just squeez it out and it drys out and seals everything.....
thats what i did to mine....
[right][snapback]222472[/snapback][/right]

yeah, I guess I will try it....but wont that stuff cause a CEL?
nope.....u just put it on the gasket ....try not get any inside of the air manifold....that would suck
k, I will give it a try tomorrow....thanks
before you try gasket sealant, take your TB and the leftover gasket material that you have, hold it on to the TB and lightly hammer on the material that covers the TB and this will crease the edge of the material, do the same for the inner part of the TB. This should also make the gasket thinner.

also check to make sure you have the TPS sensor in the right position, you also may be able to adjust the the opening with a screw that on the TB.

I'm assuming that you have a Zetec engine.
Yes, Ihave the Ztec. I tried to adjust the TPS and it didnt work. I have it set to where the idle is the lowest
hey - i am having a high idle - r u getting rough shifting betwen 1 and 2nd

you think it sbecause of the gasket - pm me back so i can stay in touch
http://www.focuscanada.net/forum/index.p...opic=19696