FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Help Needed Getting The Best Picture On My Tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A while back I read about a dvd that you buy that helps you set your tv to the best possible settings for dvd playback. Does anybody know what its called? I searched on google but I didn't find anything. It was basically a step by step dvd showing you different screens and telling you how much or how little to adjust certain settings. Anybody know what I'm talking about?
There are two different products that I know of:

Video Essentials and
Avia A/V Calibration DVD

If you have a recent 20th Century Fox movie it will also come with a simpler calibrayion routine that may serve your needs.

NefCanuck
I'm pretty sure any movie offered in THX has something similar as well.
NefCanuck,Jan 5 2007, 02:06 AM Wrote:If you have a recent 20th Century Fox movie it will also come with a simpler calibrayion routine that may serve your needs.

[right][snapback]222318[/snapback][/right]

bingo.

I know for sure that Starwars Ep I,II, and III DVD has the THX calibration on the disk that you can set your TV to. It has the colour calibration and black level calibration, which should do ya fine.
Thanks a lot guys. Actually it was the Avia calibration DVD that I was looking for. But I didn't know that a 20th century fox film has a similar tool.
Thanks again.
hdmi cable in! hdmi cable out
dabigmandan,Jan 5 2007, 11:23 AM Wrote:Thanks a lot guys. Actually it was the Avia calibration DVD that I was looking for. But I didn't know that a 20th century fox film has a similar tool.
Thanks again.
[right][snapback]222335[/snapback][/right]
I think they sell that at Crappy Tire.