FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Problems With Wiper Switch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi

about a month ago i started having problems with my "quick responce" wipers. (for those who have this option on their Focus)

anyways just a quick reminder how it works, if u press it down ones the wipers will quickly clean your windshield 3 times and stop

with mine right now what happens is...if i press it down it will only go up ones and stay still in that postion...to order for them to go down i will have to click on the switch again....

any idea how to fix this....
new switch maybe needed?

thanks
I have the same problem, but never botherd to fix it.
If the wipers work in the regular speed mode properly, then it's probably a bad switch. From what I've read it's really simple to change the switch..
yep its the switch
3 times? mine only wipes once (back and forth)

And for the love of Gawd....How do you de-activate the delayed wipe after using the washer fluid????? It only wrecks a perfectly good cleaning.
residentdud,Jan 4 2007, 08:20 AM Wrote:3 times? mine only wipes once (back and forth)

And for the love of Gawd....How do you de-activate the delayed wipe after using the washer fluid????? It only wrecks a perfectly good cleaning.
[right][snapback]222227[/snapback][/right]

Change your wipers? I think that's the coolest thing ever for windshields (ok, well besides heated windshields).

Mine only wipe once as well when you pull down... and the delay-wipe wasn't there on our 2001 (but the 6-level intermittent was). Odd.
sorry maybe ones....can't remember
Same thing happen to mine!
You have to replace the switch to correct this problem.
Mason,Jan 4 2007, 12:33 PM Wrote:You have to replace the switch to correct this problem.
[right][snapback]222248[/snapback][/right]

which takes a whole 5 minutes.
I wouldn't do the switch untill you try this. We do at least two cars a week with this concern......

TSB 04-15-2 LOSS OF INTERMITTENT WIPER OR WIPER PARK FUNCTION

Publication Date: July 16, 2004

FORD: 2002-2005 Focus

ISSUE:
Some 2002-2005 Focus vehicles may exhibit concerns with the intermittent wiper function or wiper park function. The wipers will operate properly in the normal and/or high speed setting. Symptoms may include intermittent wipers inoperative, one sweep function stops in the middle of the glass when the stalk is released (sweep function is operational if the stalk is held), wipers jumping up when parked from the intermittent mode.

ACTION:
To service, replace the wiper relay. If the condition is still present, continue with normal Workshop Manual diagnosis.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
1S4Z-14N089-AA Wiper Relay

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
041502A Replace The Wiper Relay 0.2 Hr.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright © 2004 Ford Motor Company

Since the TSB came out they have changed the part # , it is now F5TZ 14N089 B and retail is $21.74 . If you can find the old # it will also work.

so relay eh....def gonna try to replace it
I have an extra switch that you can have Nick..
well if it wont be a relay problem...and its a switch...what would u ask for it?
you can have it free
<<<<<Well if its free, why not try that first right>>>>>
i was just gonna say nick, you can have my wiper switch too for free. come and pick it up,