FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Thinking Of Selling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys, I've been thinking about selling my Focus but i have no idea what i should be asking for it, i know i won't get what i put into it. Does anyone have any ideas?

2001 ZX3 with 28000kms

Brief mod list and pics:

Air Ride by Air Ride Technologies with custom mounted gauges on dash and custom mounted switch’s in drivers door, Evo 3 body kit, Evo 3 spoiler, DTM mirrors, Yellow tint, Mustang hood scoop, euro taillights, Clear marker lights, shorty antenna, dual custom exhaust, under car led’s, 17"traxx rims, Custom airbrushing, reupholstered seats and head rest, sport line steering wheel, dual pillar pod with gauges, Blue neon interior lighting, Diamond plate floor mats and under hood, illuminated door sill plates, Strobe lights, Diablo sport chip, Ractive strut bar, Ractive air intake, OBX 4-1 header, Optima yellow top battery with aluminum optima battery case.
Alpine 7" in dash DVD multimedia receiver, Addison SRX-1 mono sub amp, Addison SRX-4 4 channel amp, Focal 6.5" Speakers and tweeters in custom pods in front doors, Focal 6.5" coaxial speaker in rear panels and in custom pods in hatch door, Two 11" Focal subs in custom box in hatch floor, Rockford Fosgate wiring, 20" motorized LG TV in hatch, Custom sun visors with 8" lcd screens

[Image: f3.jpg]
[Image: f5.jpg]
[Image: f4.jpg]
[Image: f2.jpg]
[Image: f1.jpg]
That's quite the focus you have there!

do you have all the stock parts to go with it?

If not it screams "accident" with no air bags and new front end....

if you have all the stock parts then, ask what you want and see if anyone bites. but it's a shame to sell something you've put so much work and money into
wow looks realy nice. I don't even know how much something like that could cost.
Here is what the value of a regular ZX3 with 28K is with black book.
Low: $4,060.00 High: $5,700.00

So i guess you can add the cost of mods and hope you will get the best.
I would say something around 12 to 15, but that is more like wishfull thinking rather then anything else. But as SL8R said, you better have all the stock parts before you can sell the car. In ontario you will not be able to certify the car if you have
1- Air ride
2- no air bags
3- Air tank in the back

Take it to Ford and see what they will give you. Sometimes dealers would like the car so much that they will pay you lot more especially if you are going to get an other ford.

Either way Good luck
He's not in Ontario.....It's hard to put a price on something like this. I would start by adding up everything spent on the car and take half of that and add it to the black book value and go from there.
As SVT just said it is hard to put a price on something like that. From personal experience with my friends cars I know it's been hard for them to sell cars on bags/air ride. I guess you could try around the 15,000 area and see if you get an bites. Looks like theres a whack load of custom work in that baby.......... to bad custom work isnt worth as much as it should be......
I do have all the stock parts that i took off.... Before i took out the air bags i called and made sure it was legal to do so and it was, i also had the car saftied last year with all the current mods in at a local Ford dealership and it passed. The stock rebars are still under the body kit bumpers so incase of a crash it shouldn't be any differn't than a car with stock bumpers.

The total amount of money i have put into the car including buying the car is $58000 (i Know i won't get that back)

sorry, you're not supposed to be selling your stuff with < 100 posts or without prior approval from a mod. The policy is in place to protect the contributing membership on this site - dp
12k, tops.

Id part it out if you want to make anything close to 58k back.

Maybe ebay will net you better results.
I agree parting out will net most, repaint would also help.
xtremzx3,Jan 3 2007, 03:50 PM Wrote:I do have all the stock parts that i took off.... Before i took out the air bags i called and made sure it was legal to do so and it was, i also had the car saftied last year with all the current mods in at a local Ford dealership and it passed. The stock rebars are still under the body kit bumpers so incase of a crash it shouldn't be any differn't than a car with stock bumpers.
[right][snapback]222173[/snapback][/right]

I wasn't saying it was in an accident.

all i was saying was if i was looking to buy it and it didn't have the stock pieces, like the air bags, it would red flag in my head "accident"

i would say go with ebay with lots of pics and cross your fingers
SL8RZZX3,Jan 3 2007, 04:49 PM Wrote:
xtremzx3,Jan 3 2007, 03:50 PM Wrote:I do have all the stock parts that i took off.... Before i took out the air bags i called and made sure it was legal to do so and it was, i also had the car saftied last year with all the current mods in at a local Ford dealership and it passed. The stock rebars are still under the body kit bumpers so incase of a crash it shouldn't be any differn't than a car with stock bumpers.
[right][snapback]222173[/snapback][/right]

I wasn't saying it was in an accident.

all i was saying was if i was looking to buy it and it didn't have the stock pieces, like the air bags, it would red flag in my head "accident"

i would say go with ebay with lots of pics and cross your fingers
[right][snapback]222178[/snapback][/right]
I know you didn't say that
oops double post
Sorry.. forum rules would prefer you have 100 post or more before posting a for sale ad on the site.

This is to protect contributing members from spammers and folks who only want to use the site to dump their goods.

If you wish to sell the car here, please contact me for arrangements to have it posted in the appropriate section..

-darkpuppet.