FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Interceptor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Gallery

Artical on 2007 interceptor

[Image: FordInterceptor_1_560px.jpg]

[Image: interceptorcon_01_450.jpg]

Autoblog Wrote:Powertrain
5.0-liter Cammer V-8

Chassis lengths
Overall length...........................................201.6 in.
Wheelbase.................................................120.8 in.
Overall width..............................................76.4 in.
Overall height at curb..................................54.8 in.

Track width
Front...........................................................66.5 in.
Rear............................................................67.8 in.

Suspension
Front....................... Double wishbone-independent
Rear.........................3-Link Design with Panhard Rod

Headroom
Front...........................................................37.5 in.
Second Row................................................35.9 in.

Legroom
Front...........................................................42.3 in.
Second Row................................................35.6 in.
If you can't get it with a shifttronicish auto with 5 speeds or more... forget it. It'll miss the target audience completely.

I do like it tho... memories of my parents' old Crown Vic station wagon with the Mustang GT 302 engine. Not a lot of speed, but it sounded mean :)
I like the look of it. Too bad it'll more than likely be out of my price range :(
[Image: interceptor_carsr3_page_1_image_0001-copy.jpg]
Me Like!!
Just bring the Falcon over from Australia and be done with it, with 6speeds and either the Boss 290 V8 or 4.0L I6 turbo.

I'm a bit leary on ride quality with the 3 link rear suspension.
I still think it looks like a Chrysler 300C with the New Chevy style front grille from the new pick up line with ford logos all over it.
Frost__2001,Jan 2 2007, 07:56 PM Wrote:I still think it looks like a Chrysler 300C with the New Chevy style front grille from the new pick up line with ford logos all over it.
[right][snapback]222123[/snapback][/right]

I totally agree.
Suspension......s***
Front grille............looks like a penis
looking at the stats.. Ford must have gotten a good deal on solid rear axles a few years ago.. once truck sales started falling, they started spec'ing them on cars!

you don't get much retro than ford engineering....
5.0 cammer = sex
expecially in a focus
Another realatively cool looking Ford that will never make it to production. Or if it does, it will be powered by the Duratec v-6 and nothing more.

Ryan
I dont like the look of it. Looks weird........ not something I would drive.
That things damn ass fugly. I wouldn't drive it even if it was given to me.
I think it looks awesome, but on the otherhand, they had an AWESOME car already, which they as per usual, dropped. That was the 2003+ Lincoln LSV8, especially the LSE or Ultimate models. They had a cosworth 3.9L V8 that made 280hp, and 286 ft lbs of torque, a 50/50 weight distribution, chasis and suspension from the Jaguar X-type (solid rear axle with panhard rod, and control blades), etc (the 05+ Mustang uses this setup too btw).

They need to let the guys in the engine depot put their really ballsy engines in stuff. Even the Duratec 35 would be an awesome engine as a base engine, with as much hp and tq as a Nissan Maxima, but only requires 87 octane. I know they are also planning to make a Duratec 38, an even more bored and stroked duratec 30 basically, or even one with FI. If they offered that car with the engine and driveline from the Mustang, you'd have a 4-dr mustang basically. That would be awesome too.
Doh! Shoulda read the article first before postin'

my bad!
focusracer,Jan 5 2007, 05:26 PM Wrote:That things damn ass fugly. I wouldn't drive it even if it was given to me.
[right][snapback]222371[/snapback][/right]

I agree... it looks like it was a victim of 'pimp my ride'
I think that car looks awesome, and the more I read into it, the more I like the sound of it.

I think the suspension and chasis setup from the Stang will work just fine, especially if they stiffen it more for the larger body. I don't find anything wrong with the solid rear axle (besides being a bit skitter-ish on rough/bumpy roads), and I think that it's smart to recycle something you know already works.

With the Stang chasis and suspension stuff under the body, the 5.0 Cammer under the hood, I can see this being a car that will compete quite well with the Chargers and 300C's.

L8tz
A few weeks later and I still like it. I just hope the engine is the common "Cammer" that Ford Racing has been pushing of late. If so, your modding options just went into overdrive.

I'm still lamenting the lack of an automatic. I see plenty of wannabes wrapping these things around poles because downshifting-at-speed remains a mystery to them long after they buy the car. Doubly so in the winter.