FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Must Be Getting Older
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay, I must be getting older. I went up to Ottawa and back today. Up, I was loaded with all my son's Christmas stuff and his Girlfriend and her stuff. I thought 120 to 130 would be enough to keep me in the left lane most of the time, but nope, 140 was the number needed. Which was okay, I got to Ottawa sooner than planned. On the way back, I figured that going 120 would be good enough for the right lane, but it was too fast, but not fast enough for the left lane. Tried 130, had Echo's, Accents, etc. running up my tail. Tried 135, no better. I didn't want to shame the Focus Nation, so 140 was tried. Nope, 145 to 150 was the right speed for the 401. Whatever happened to 120 being too fast? I'm not complaining about going that speed, but I don't like getting speeding tickets, I'm too cheap.
Well I don't like tickets neither, and when we make the trip this Sunday to Ottawa, I'll be going no more than 15 over the speed there and back. I just can't afford anymore tickets, none with the Focus so far, so i'm just trying to keep this slate clean.
i hate to say it.....but y do i keep hittin speed governer?
NikiterZTS,Dec 29 2006, 11:56 PM Wrote:i hate to say it.....but y do i keep hittin speed governer?
[right][snapback]221796[/snapback][/right]

Because you keep hoping one of these times it won't be there!

Trust me tho it really sucks getting nailed hitting your governer at the same time as a speed trap <_<
i need a cop detector.....
sucks even more getting nabbed with a radar detector while hitting the gov...:)
thats true....but some of them turn off when they see the cop......i know some of my "ricer" friends had to hide them really quickly under the sit when they were gettin pulled over
I have to say yeah if you want to use the fast lane these days 135 - 145 is the avarage..... plus the flow of traffic is usually 20 - 30 kms over the limit on any 400 series highways...

hell even on steels ave and hwy 10 north of brampton it's posted 80 and everyone dose 110 - 120....
Don't mind me sounding stupid, but what's the speed governor limit. I've never had a car where I've been able to, or felt safe enough to go close to the governor limit until the Focus
i think its 178km/h
Wow you Ontario guys must be in a hurry.

I think I remember reading a while ago that the governed limit in the Focus is 105mph (~169kph), but I've never pushed it that hard. I don't know about Ontario, but in SK going 50km over the limit is "dangerous driving" and a huge ticket with points (normal speeding tickets don't cost you points).
oldeguy,Dec 30 2006, 01:55 PM Wrote:Don't mind me sounding stupid, but what's the speed governor limit. I've never had a car where I've been able to, or felt safe enough to go close to the governor limit until the Focus
[right][snapback]221846[/snapback][/right]
205kmh on the ST

:unsure:
the 401 is bad for speeding but its also ususally bad for traps. Everytime I go to TO, I see at the very least 1 on the way there. The most Ive seen was 6 from ottawa to TO. :ph34r:

I usually go about 140, Im in the slow lane most of the time. never a ticket, and I dont usually slow down (makes it obvious) when I see em'. *knocks on wood*

Any highway within 1/2 hour proximity from Montreal is worse. :o
Man, you guys must hit your speed highs on the outskirts of the GTA. In the GTA anything over 120 unless you're driving at 2AM and you'll be running people over, between the traffic congestion and the construction...

Now having said that... outside the GTA? Um, 145km/h trying to shake a tractor trailer who thought he was God :ph34r:

NefCanuck
i usually do between kitchener and milton
i think most i hit was 170 between burlington and Niagra falls, i know it's not the 401 but it's the QEW still close enough
guilty,Dec 30 2006, 04:00 PM Wrote:Wow you Ontario guys must be in a hurry. 

I think I remember reading a while ago that the governed limit in the Focus is 105mph (~169kph), but I've never pushed it that hard.  I don't know about Ontario, but in SK going 50km over the limit is "dangerous driving" and a huge ticket with points (normal speeding tickets don't cost you points).
[right][snapback]221858[/snapback][/right]

Here in Ontario, if you going with the flow of traffic at 140, the police usually don't care unless your tailgating or weaving in an out of traffic like an idiot, or the only car on the road way, and that's on all the 400 series highways... I know the 400 is the worst most people do 160+ on there.

and I have one once hit the govener on this car.. and I was at 184 kms/ph when I just got the thing and wanted to see how fast it would go, the last Focus I had with an auto tranny maxed out at 175.
Today, 120 is the new 100. 140 is the new 120. And where it was socially acceptable to do 10 over on secondary highways, now it seems 20-30 over is almost expected.

Case in point - we were heading home on our last leg of our southern trip last week (Whitby --> Caledon --> North Bay) and leaving Caledon-area along Hwy. 9 we were being tailgated at 105... in an 80 KM/H zone. :blink: I eventually backed off to 95 and let them pass at the next passing area.

On the 400... it's 120-130 for me to Barrie unless I feel like a Scrooge and I hit the cruise for 115. On 11 it's 100 flat (as the OPP are merciless) until Gravenhurst where I cycle up to 110. Generally anything north of Barrie I'm 10 over - anything more and you're cheating on your wife with the local magistrate.

I swear, I had better set the cruise each and every time once I get those mods done in the spring, because I was 155+ on the way to Whitby again this week. I love that damn Duratec. I wonder if Sara caught me hugging the steering wheel? :ph34r:
OAC_Sparky,Dec 30 2006, 05:16 PM Wrote:
oldeguy,Dec 30 2006, 01:55 PM Wrote:Don't mind me sounding stupid, but what's the speed governor limit. I've never had a car where I've been able to, or felt safe enough to go close to the governor limit until the Focus
205kmh on the ST

[right][snapback]221870[/snapback][/right]

269kph on the srt8
DD1,Dec 31 2006, 02:30 PM Wrote:
OAC_Sparky,Dec 30 2006, 05:16 PM Wrote:
205kmh on the ST

[right][snapback]221870[/snapback][/right]

269kph on the srt8
[right][snapback]221941[/snapback][/right]

4 bajillion mph with my ccm bike.
Pages: 1 2