FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Noise And Suction
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Am i suppose to hear the intake making sucking noises? If i put my hand to it i can actually feel the air being sucked in. is this normal? i have never noticied it before
lol yea thats the whole point
Well yeah, because when the piston is on its downward intake stroke it creates a vacuum which draws in the air/fuel mixture. Or maybe it might be a blockage in your air intake causing a bottleneck possibly.
check the silicone pieces around the tubing to make sure they are tight and no leaks, check around the throttle body for leaks

are you hearing the sucking noise while driving?

is it a cai or shorty?

stock or aftermarket TB?

i can't say for sure it's been a while since i had an intake on my car :(
^^^just a quick quastion
how come u switched to SVT airbox from intake?
NikiterZTS,Dec 27 2006, 02:31 PM Wrote:^^^just a quick quastion
how come u switched to SVT airbox from intake?
[right][snapback]221643[/snapback][/right]

with my Vibrant cat-back, hiflo cat, shorty header, and flex + Ractive 3" shorty intake and 65mm TB it was WAY too loud

and then i tried the ORP ....... :blink:

I picked up the SVT air box hoping it would quiet it down a bit

4-2-1 race header is in the garage waiting to go on...... then a new hi-flo cat and quiter exhuast are next

yeah i just have a basic k & N cone on, also a tb...........i just noticed the other day when i had the hood open and the car on that it was making a louder than usual suction noise, I guess there could be a leak.........probally just going to ignore it!

Oh and i just got xm radio..........it';s awesome!
i have 2 resonators on and my car is not that loud

and i got sirius radio but im havin problems with it....lighter outlet in the car is broken...and the power outlet for reciver is broken also :(

like wtf
NikiterZTS,Dec 27 2006, 05:24 PM Wrote:i have 2 resonators on and my car is not that loud

and i got sirius radio  but im havin problems with it....lighter outlet in the car is broken...and the power outlet for reciver is broken also :(

like wtf
[right][snapback]221646[/snapback][/right]

Yeah and Volant intake = SVT inatke

and vibrant is the loudest cat-back on the market :(
SL8RZZX3,Dec 27 2006, 06:02 PM Wrote:
NikiterZTS,Dec 27 2006, 05:24 PM Wrote:i have 2 resonators on and my car is not that loud

and i got sirius radio  but im havin problems with it....lighter outlet in the car is broken...and the power outlet for reciver is broken also :(

like wtf

[right][snapback]221647[/snapback][/right]

i second that ... my 4-2-1 plus vibrant and no cat is really getting to me .. i need to put my cat back in and hopefully quiet it down just alittle

otherwise i think the vibrant is the best sounding exhaust for the focus
SL8RZZX3,Dec 27 2006, 06:02 PM Wrote:

like wtf

[right][snapback]221647[/snapback][/right]

is ur vibrant 3"?
NikiterZTS,Dec 27 2006, 07:07 PM Wrote:is ur vibrant 3"?

No but the "resinator" basically just expands to 3" then back down to 2.25 then goes into a muffler, so it idles quiet then all hell breaks loose when you hit the gas. i absolutely hated driving it with the ORP

right now i think i might just have a whole new section made after the flex, cat+big resinator+muffler = quiet (i hope)
OBX 4-1 and a OBX Downpipe to a MBRP 2nd gen Exhaust... = LOUD at Hell.

But sounds Mean.

Hardcore heard it, No rice at all.
I must be getting old.
Who wants ear plugs when you drive?
Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
meford4u,Dec 28 2006, 09:26 AM Wrote:I must be getting old.
[right][snapback]221692[/snapback][/right]
Is thier a way to make some power without noise?

5-8000 turbos, Superchargers?

Ill deal with a little noise, Cause in the End a Focus Is Still a Focus
Chromey,Dec 28 2006, 10:05 AM Wrote:
Is thier a way to make some power without noise?

5-8000 turbos, Superchargers?

Ill deal with a little noise, Cause in the End a Focus Is Still a Focus
[right][snapback]221693[/snapback][/right]

Add a second Zetec in the rear to drive the rears. Keep the exhausts near stock. You'll have 260BHP on two stock Zetecs driving all 4 wheels if you get it right.

Amen, I always say that if the stereo can't drown out the motor, the motor is too damn loud ;) (Of course I'm running a stock stereo, not one of the 400W monsters so :P)

NefCanuck