FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Mp3 Converter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is for the computer guru's out their - what is the best MP3 converter out their. I have tons of .wma files to convert. Thanks.
I've never used it to convert WMA files, but I really like Acoustica for ripping from CD's: http://www.acoustica.com/mp3-cd-burner/
LAME plus a front end.

But transcoding causes you to lose even more sound information.
There's also the option of a program called "Super" not only will it convert WMA to mp3 but it'll do all sorts of video conversions as well (took an AVI file shot by my camera and reduced it to mp4 format, 50% smaller and almost no loss of image clarity)

NefCanuck
Look for RazorLAME on Google - get it off SourceForge.net. It's a great front-end (as Aka mentioned) for LAME... and LAME just rocks for encoding.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 27 2006, 09:17 PM Wrote:Look for RazorLAME on Google - get it off SourceForge.net. It's a great front-end (as Aka mentioned) for LAME... and LAME just rocks for encoding.
[right][snapback]221673[/snapback][/right]
Acoustica also use the LAME encoder engine, so I guess it's just a choice of what front end you like the best.