FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Chip Or Xcal2?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
maybe from personal experience or w/e what do you suggest ? should i get a supper chip or Xcal2?

what are the options that chip gives to the car?

i would like to get as much info as i can.

thank you
Same options are available for both. There is an advantage for both outside of this.

Flip Chip - Can be toggled on the fly between tunes, for example a nitrous tune and N/A tune. Can easily also be transfered to other cars with same computer code. Down side is the install, sanding contacts, etc.

Flasher - No chip installation required, just plug program and play. You can easily download new tunes onto it and program the car. Down side is not being able to swap tunes on the fly, and its locked to the ECU.

If you want N/A and Nitrous - Flip Chip
If you want just N/A or Boost - Flasher
what should be looking at if i buy a used Xcal?
Look for an Xcal 2.

AND BE SURE THAT ITS UNLOCKED, otherwise its like $150 to have SCT unlock it for you.

can read up on them more at http://www.sctflash.com
In my opinion Nick go with the Xcal 2. Hands down. I love it and cant complain AT all.
X-Cal 2 for sure. Retunes are done via email, vs sending the chip back and forth all the time. Good luck driving a decently-modded motor without the custom tune in it for a few days while you wait for the chip to be sent back.
i'm kinda of looking for one....not right away but really soon....ordering some other mods on friday :)
xcal 2 without a doubt.

-Diablo flip chip owner <_<
Xcal 2 with out a doubt