FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Lights
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/00-04-FORD-FOCUS-ZX3-ZX...1QQcmdZViewItem

anyone seen these lights up here in canada

if not - can you reccomend someone good to buy from

hope the link works
I have these lights, they are okay. The carbon fiber looks cheap, but you could sand it and paint... they rust bad on the inside. I wouldn't recomend them.

The lights themselves are nice though. If you put a hole on the inside where the water likes to get in you probably wouldn't get the rust problem.
Fake carbon fiber looks cheap.. Also watch out for ebay auctions that are listed fairly cheaply but have shipping charges that are almost as much as the item cost.

Actually it's probably a good idea to just not be looking for lights on ebay in the first place, unless you're looking for used brand name parts. Most of the cheap ebay parts are poor quality, poor fitting, and have poor light output. Some are better than others, but it's hard to tell the difference on ebay.

I'd suggest trying to find some used Hella or Morette projector lights if you're looking for the open projector style. Or get some 2002-04 European OEM lights or ST170 lights, you can't go wrong with European OEM fitment and quality. And if you want the best light output and have some extra money in your pocket, think about the OEM HID lights.. you really can't beat an HID projector headlight.
guilty,Dec 24 2006, 10:27 PM Wrote:Fake carbon fiber looks cheap.. Also watch out for ebay auctions that are listed fairly cheaply but have shipping charges that are almost as much as the item cost.

Actually it's probably a good idea to just not be looking for lights on ebay in the first place, unless you're looking for used brand name parts.  Most of the cheap ebay parts are poor quality, poor fitting, and have poor light output.  Some are better than others, but it's hard to tell the difference on ebay.

I'd suggest trying to find some used Hella or Morette projector lights if you're looking for the open projector style.  Or get some 2002-04 European OEM lights or ST170 lights, you can't go wrong with European OEM fitment and quality.  And if you want the best light output and have some extra money in your pocket, think about the OEM HID lights.. you really can't beat an HID projector headlight.
[right][snapback]221492[/snapback][/right]

YEP. do what he says. I paid 300 for a pair of crappy Ebay projectors that broke the first time i went thru car wash
do you have pics of those lights you mentioned?
Here's a pic of Mitch (ZX3TUNING)'s car with the ST170 headlights (the same as the 2002-04 euro headlights with dark gray housing rather than chrome):
[Image: new01.jpg]

Here's Jason (ZX3TUNR)'s car with Hella projectors:
[Image: 112604006.jpg]

And here's one of mine with the OEM HID lights:
[Image: DSC00921.jpg]

[Image: Picture007.jpg]