FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Stupid Cabby Tricks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, just had to share this gem because this cab driver has an obvious disregard for the rules of the road and if I had managed to catch his cab plate # I would have put in a written complaint, so dangerous was his behaviour.

The setting is around 11pm on Dec 23 in Mississauga, ON, roads are clear and traffic is light.

I'm on Burnhamthorpe Rd. waiting to make a left onto Confederation when all of a sudden on my right I catch out of the corner of my eye a cab that proceeds to come from the adjacent lane and pull in front of me, taking the left onto Confederation... with no signal natch <_<

If that's not enough after I complete the turn I catch up to him as he's turning onto Webb Drive with no turn signal again!

By this time I'm thoroughly convinced this idiot is either drunk or stoned out of his tree and proceed to blast my horn at him, oddly enough as soon as that happens he veers into the nearest driveway... again without a signal :rolleyes:

Scariest part is that with my luck I'll get this idiot on Christmas Day for the ride to my mom's place. Better make sure my will is prepared :ph34r:

Can anyone top this tale of cab driver insanity?

NefCanuck
I used to drive a cab. What's the problem here? I see no problem. You lived to tell a little story.
my co-workers best friend is a cabby,

when he was 11 his mom hooked his eye with a wire that got caught up in a Old, Old, Old Ringer washer (the manual kind most of us don't remember) and when he got back home (lost the eye by the way) his step dad cut off 3 1/2 of his finger with an axe..... Swear to god... They call him "Lucky Timmy"
SliverSteeda,Dec 24 2006, 07:08 AM Wrote:my co-workers best friend is a cabby,

when he was 11 his mom hooked his eye with a wire that got caught up in a Old, Old, Old Ringer washer (the manual kind most of us don't remember) and when he got back home (lost the eye by the way) his step dad cut off 3 1/2 of his finger with an axe..... Swear to god... They call him "Lucky Timmy"
[right][snapback]221456[/snapback][/right]

+1 vote for :wtf: post of the week!!! :lol:
meford4u,Dec 24 2006, 06:12 AM Wrote:I used to drive a cab.  What's the problem here?  I see no problem.  You lived to tell a little story.
[right][snapback]221455[/snapback][/right]

Yeah but I'm sure as I'm sitting here tonight typing away at my PC and not in the ICU at Credit Valley that you never pulled a bone headed stunt like that as a cab driver.

Even in the last ten years I've noticed that cab drivers take far more chances on the road, as if to say that since they drive the cars that the cops do, the rest of us should back off and let them drive however they see fit :blink:

Now that's not to say that the overall quality of the drivers on the road hasn't decreased either in the last ten years (Because IMO it has) but its the cabbies that stand out because they never seem to get caught at it until something major happens... and then its usually too late...

NefCanuck

02ztsian

Two stories-first, during the Olympics in Calgary a cabbie took me and my cousin downtown and claimed he picked up two girls from Electric Ave. and was asked if girl no.1 could drive his cab while girl no.2 f*cked him in the back seat. Sorry but I called BS on that one.
Story number two, my brother in laws were coming home one night all pissed up and caught an East Indian cabbie. They proceeded to launch into a drunken version of "Row row row your boat, back to Pakistan" and the cabbie (from India) got pissed off and dumped them in the middle of nowhere.
02ztsian,Dec 24 2006, 08:47 PM Wrote:Two stories-first, during the Olympics in Calgary a cabbie took me and my cousin downtown and claimed he picked up two girls from Electric Ave. and was asked if girl no.1 could drive his cab while girl no.2 f*cked him in the back seat. Sorry but I called BS on that one.
Story number two, my brother in laws were coming home one night all pissed up and caught an East Indian cabbie. They proceeded to launch into a drunken version of "Row row row your boat, back to Pakistan" and the cabbie (from India) got pissed off and dumped them in the middle of nowhere.
[right][snapback]221508[/snapback][/right]

once after a bar being all drunk i caught a taxi which paki driver was driving...he started driving away and told me to pay him right away...i was like wtf...how do i know how much i have to give to you? i'll pay when we get to my house......we started arguing......2 blocks later he stops at this parkin lot where all these f***in cabbies chill.....anyways....i jump out out of the cab being all a heroe thinkin they are all gonna jump me.....started gettin into their faces (and i was just loooaded)....mean while this guy called the cops already....so they arrived...blalbalbal...checked me.....anyways i never payed the guy and end up walkin back to the bar where all my friends were.....i don't remember why i left in the first place
saw a cabbie (paki Cab as they are known in Bramtpon) make a illegal left turn from far right lane on Queen street trying to make a U-turn and side swipe not just one car in the passing lane but the police car parked on the other side of the street in the slow lane stopped with his lights already on and a car pulled over infront of the cop car.... lucky for the cop he was still talking for the person he pulled over.
You guys wanna hear cabbie stories?
Well I was held up one night. I had picked up a fare from a party and was told to take them to Hamilton. There was 2 guys and 2 girls. There was a big guy that sat next to me in the front seat. They weren't familiar with the area, and unfortunately I had to back track to get to the highway because there was construction. The woman in the back started freaking. Blah blah blah your fawkin me blah blah blah you don't know how to drive. Anyway, after ranting and raving she finally said they weren't going to pay. So I told them I would pull over and they could get out (we were on the QEW at this time). She pulls out a gun and sticks it in my ribcage and says your taking us home and were taking your money.
Not knowing what to do, the other guy in the backseat told me to speed up. Faster faster he yelled at me. We were at one point doing 170km/h. I decided I was taking things into my own hands as I didn't know Hamilton very well and I was getting caught in a city I didn't know with a gun in my side. So I slammed on my brakes at 170. Everyone came flying forward, I grabbed the girls wrist (I broke it) and the gun fell on the floor. The big guy next to me picked it up and handed it to me and said I want nothing to do with this stupid bitch. I ended up calling the cops, they were arrested, except for the guy in the front seat. I ended up driving him home and he paid me $150 for a $30 cab ride.
There are more stories of sex and slander but I will save them for 1 a day.
^^

:D

love it
I've notice a lot of bad driving habits by cabbies as well. My cabbie story of the day is as follows. 6 of us were at a convention for industrial supplies in Vancouver when I was a salesman, we were going from our hotel on te waterfront to a restaurant about 20 blocks down on Granville, we took 2 cabs there, they followed the same route. The cabbie I was with, really nice guy, Saudi Arabian, chatted with us, etc. it was $7, I gave him a 10 said cheers, noted the cab # for when we needed to leave the restaurant. We go into the restaurant, one of the guys from the other cab is bitching about the cabbie and how much it was, $14.50 and the guy got pissed and yelled at them when he was given $16 for the fare calling them cheap. So we finished dinner and we'd been drinking etc. We called the cab co and I asked for the cab # from earlier, was told he was at the airport and would be about 20 minutes, I said cool I'll wait and went for another drink. The other guys weren't as patient and wanted to get to the peelers, 4 took off in another cab, me and another guy waited. The cabbie showed up, we pulled up to the Cecil and the other guys aren't anywhere to be seen outside, there was a slight line up to get in, we paid our driver the $5 fare and left him with a ten, he honked his horn and the doorman came walking over and turned out to know our driver and he got us past the line and no cover etc. Our buddies show up an hour later and we're like wtf? Their cabbie wanted a $50 deposit because they were "drunken bastards" and then proceeded to take them for the grand tour of vancouver before bringiing them to the No 5 Orange (another strip club) and then refusing to take them back again and took off with their "deposit" plus the $40 fare. They called the dispatch to complain and get another cab, ended up with our little Saudi friend, who got them in at the Cecil the same as us. The best part was at the end of the night he was sitting waiting for us, his doorman buddy had called him on his cell to let him know we were getting ready to go, he'd met up with the driver who'd ripped the other guys off and got their 50 bones back. He took us around to a couple of other places to grab a few more rounds and didn't want anything for it until the end of the night, just call him when we were ready, gave us his cell #. At the end of the night he got all of us to the hotel safe, got the full fares from us, got the $50 that the other cabbie had stiffed and another $50 for a tip. Whenever I need a cab in Vancouver, I call my little Saudi friend, Samil, he's also going to be the driver for my sisters wedding, he has a late 60's restored Mercedes limo. Pretty good for him for one trip being kind, courteous and profesional. It was the cleanest, nicest smelling cab I've ever been in too.
It's just the total lack of respect that I've always seen for other drivers on the road. I've had to slam on the brakes at 80 KM/H on the Bypass in North Bay because a cabbie decided that he wanted to make a u-turn... at speed. And u-turns are illegal on that highway. What a champ.

Or the one a few weeks ago that blatantly blew not a red-to-him/red-to-me traffic light but a red-to-him / green-to-me-by-far light and just about cost me the old car. No brakes, no horn... nothing.

Not all cab drivers are that bad... I've had a few good ones, especially when I fly home and get to the North Bay airport at like 1AM. Surprisingly, those guys are the best. They help me with my stuff (when I'm dead on my feet after 18+ hours of travel) and they get a good tip for their efforts.