FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Do You Like To Ride?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys I always wanted to get my bike license and early this year I did. Now don't get me wrong I love my focus but riding a bike is a whole nother experience. I went and bought a 1980 honda cb750f and had a great time this summer, I hope to get out a lot next year too.

Just wanted to know if anyone here rides a bike too.

Don't worry your focus will understand, and wow after riding in the rain did I appreciate her a whole lot more, lol.
I always wanted to ride a bike, but i'm always scared of dying. I know with a fast bike i will not be able to control myself. I've seen too many ppl die or get screwed for life bc of accidents.
It is very dangerous indeed, but as long as you take proper precautions and are not aggressive with traffic (the car will always win) it can be quite a joy. Taking the course at sheridan really helped improve my skills and knowledge of what to do in emergencies. The biggest cause of accidents are these guys buying brand new 170hp race bikes and they have no experience, that will make it dangerous.

You want scary, try riding a 26 year old bike a 200km/h I seriously didn't think it would go that fast. I had to slow down before the wheels or something else fell off. :P
I want to get into it next year or the year after. My brother-in-law rides... his current ride is a GSX-R 1000 I believe. Crazy bike.

I want to start soft, somewhere between a 600 and a 750.
me and my dad used to have 3 bikes back in the day.....i was only 12 to 13 and i had a scooter that had a swap engine from a bigger bike....anyways that thing was pretty much could flying.......but ones i crashed and flew over the handle bars......so yea be carefule man...
but i do know a couple guys who wiped out on the bike at 130km/h.....

i also had a ride on the back of 750 with no halmet.....i never held another guy so tight :lol:
I have to agree with mo focus it would be fun to have but its just like buying a ticket to die , so many people get seriously injured or die from bikes. At the hospitals they call them widow makers! I once said maybe I should get one " I dont #%& #^&^%#& THINK SO $%^&%^* yelled the girlfriend " lol
id die
My bike:

[Image: bna.jpg]
My riding:

[Image: freeride_0002.jpg]
[Image: freeride_0003.jpg]
[Image: pit.JPG]
[Image: atomik777.JPG]
[Image: alt4sml.JPG]

Wife says no fawkin way.
I've been working in the motorcycle industries since 1982 ( 24 years ) so I had quit a few bikes ( on and off road ) I like off road better and it's the best place to learn how to ride...

I don't own bikes since 2002 but still have acces to some when I want to ride..

I have a couples old videos if you guys are bored you can take a look at them..

XR400 trail riding video , clic here !

Still have time ?

Here's another one , same year :

XR400 traffic jam trail riding...Clic here.. !

Still there ?

Let's go back to 1984....CR125......way back...!

Bikes are fun... I got hurt a few time... but nothing really bad , I still have a Titanium plate with a bunch of screws holding my sholder together but it doesn't bother me that much..
Well, I thought about going and doing the course/rodeo at Algonquin College in Ottawa this coming spring...then maybe buy something like a Ninja 500...small enough to handle, cheap enough to not be too too angry about dropping, and powerful enough to scare myself a few times.

I agree that there should be some sort of rule that states people with a liscence for a short period of time shouldn't be allowed to ride certain types/sizes/class of bikes until they have more time and experience.

Kinda like the new car...don't "hot-dog" it all the time, as I still don't know it well enough to know what it will do, and when/how it will do it...
I don't know how these guys can afford the bigger bikes, or even the smaller ones and its not the purchase price, its the insurance. For a yamaha r6 to insure was $9000 a year and get this for a suzuki gsxr 1300 (hayabusa) was $13000 both well over the price of the bike. How does anyone afford the insurance, oh and that was without collision. I even post dated my quote until I was 25 and it wasn't that far of.

Thats what really sucks I feel my skills have improved and I cannot buy another bike because of insurance, its so unfair.
In quebec insurance is still cheap compare to you guys in Ontario , I don't know about other provinces.

In Ontario having insurance on my 2000 GT was $5000 and here in Quebec , same car , same guy , same coverage , it was $780.00... :rolleyes:
^^^ you should know it was becasue of the guys you hung out with
DD1,Dec 24 2006, 09:38 AM Wrote:^^^ you should know  it was becasue of the guys you hung out with
[right][snapback]221459[/snapback][/right]

So I can blame you... :P
meford4u,Dec 23 2006, 04:44 PM Wrote:Wife says no fawkin way.
[right][snapback]221430[/snapback][/right]

Ditto.

The boss hath spoken.
i told the wife if i ever got as bike - i would be dead the same week i got it - i would have to flat line the bike asap

need for speed!!!!!!!!!!
My Dad told me I could get my bike license.......... then he told me if I ever bought a bike he'd Disown me :( So I decided to stay away from bikes for now.
I've got a bike and a bike license. The bike I ride is a 99 R1, and that's more than enough for my 115 lb girly ass...that's actually too much if I were to open it up all the way. :lol:

[Image: 790095_23_full.jpg]
hot chick on a hot bike.....what can be better

what was the fastest u went on it?
Pages: 1 2