FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Zetec Air Box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
want to buy stock zetec air box, let me know if you have one kicking around.
It's the same as the SPI airbox, and I just so happen to have both halves in the shed.

PM me if you're interested, we'll be in the GTA Saturday - Wednesday
Have one and I also have a K&N filter for it! If you are interested PM me an amount you want to spend and I can work out a deal with you?
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 22 2006, 12:51 AM Wrote:It's the same as the SPI airbox, and I just so happen to have both halves in the shed.

PM me if you're interested, we'll be in the GTA Saturday - Wednesday
[right][snapback]221315[/snapback][/right]

don't think they're the same.
You're kidding, right? They're identical. The only stock Focus from 00-04 with a "different" intake is the SVT. The TB diameters are different, but the MAF housings are the same (which is what matters).
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 22 2006, 06:59 PM Wrote:The TB diameters are different
[right][snapback]221369[/snapback][/right]

Will it fit on a zetec?
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 22 2006, 10:59 PM Wrote:You're kidding, right? They're identical. The only stock Focus from 00-04 with a "different" intake is the SVT. The TB diameters are different, but the MAF housings are the same (which is what matters).
[right][snapback]221369[/snapback][/right]

if you can take a pic we will know for sure. thx
Well, I saw this just now when I got home :rolleyes:

I'll take a pic tomorrow morning, and if you're still willing we can work out particulars.

Nate - the MAFs are the same, hence the same airbox. The TBs are different, which would mean the SPI intake hose reduces somewhere along the lines between the MAF and the TB. The SPI is 52mm or so, and the Zetec is 56-57mm if memory serves (both stock).
I'm still running around doing holiday stuff for the remainder of the weekend... http://www.marketworks.com/storefrontprofi...6507&i=15323785 says SPI and Zetec, and I'd figure the guys at FocusSalvage ought to know what they're talking about.

:)