FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Ford Canada To Make Sirius Satellite Radio Stanard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ford of Canada to make Sirius Satellite Radio standard equipment
December 19,2006

Toronto, Ontario - Ford of Canada has announced that Sirius Satellite Radio receivers will become a factory-standard feature in virtually all Ford and Lincoln vehicles sold in Canada. By the end of 2007, nearly every new Ford vehicle sold will come equipped with the radio and a subscription.

The new satellite radio will be available as a factory-standard feature in 20 vehicle lines, including the Ford Five Hundred, Focus, Fusion, Mustang, Edge, Ranger, Escape, Expedition, Explorer, Sport Trac, Freestyle, F-Series, and Lincoln Mark LT, MKX, MKZ and Navigator models.

I wonder how long the subscription will be for? 3 months, or maybe a whole year???
It's already there on the Fusions (we were offered it as part of the standard equipment on the one we were considering). It was 6 months at least, or possibly a year.
Pfft. Why bother with satellite radio? Download music and put onto MP3 cd's.
I got the info for you guys , my brother in law has a fusion as a demo , and the sat radio comes with 6 months free but thats right off the truck if you buy it 5 months down the road you will only have 1 free month.

Yeah I know weird but thats how it is and thats why ford dont advertise it.
If I had it for a year and it got hooked on it I would probably subscribe, but if I had a car for 2 months and the subscription ran out after that it probably wouldn't be enough to get me to shell out money for what I could get for free.
I don't see myself ever buying a satelite radio sub.
Why pay for something which you don't have control over?
I like my local radio stations, and when they have nothing good playing, I'll just use my iPod and listen to my free music ;)
Just my 2 cents
i was so tempted to get one when it was boxing day....and damn it i got it....i'll see how that goes
Santa brought me one this year...I love it.