FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Some Pics...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well my parts started to arrive today... Got my intake spring and taillights all today, the intake and tails are on, tomorrow the springs.

heres some picks of the lights. Everything went pretty smooth except for one small thing... there was a little lip on the hole for the Mass air on the intake that i had to file down, but that was it... just wish i hadn't tryied to put the sensor in last...doh!.

[Image: Image010a.jpg]
[Image: Image006a.jpg]
[Image: Image009a.jpg]
Looking good bud , where you get the parts from ?
Not bad looking. As long as you like them thats all that really matters.
i don't like the clear tail lights... i was glad to find these.

i got the tails and intake of Jegs.com (i got a great deal on the taillights they were a Closeout deal....) and the springs from steeda.ca
How long did shipping take ? how much of drop with the springs ?
both about 2 weeks. the site says 1.6...but people are telling me that its really a 2" drop... guess i'll see
Yeah hope everything goes good .. let me know how it goes id like to drop my focus eventually as well.
SliverSteeda,Dec 18 2006, 04:56 PM Wrote:both about 2 weeks. the site says 1.6...but people are telling me that its really a 2" drop... guess i'll see
[right][snapback]220932[/snapback][/right]

did u get new struts as well?
well, this is kinda interesting... They (Steeda) say that the springs were designed to use the stock struts... My friend and Mechanic recomended Monroe sensi-tracs Cause they come with a life time warranty... And he can get me a set for about $90 a pair on his jobber rate....

I asked If the new springs would void the warranty on the struts... he didn't think, so he called Monroe and asked... they said " as long as it is less then a 2" drop the struts a fine... they are designed four 5" of overall travel...."

I don't know... gonna try it it doesn't cost me anything to swap them over on his compressor. I wonder how many times they will honor the Lifetime warranty if they aren't right
Lower springs will void your warranty, if you come in with them on and complain about the shocks/struts. But how much warranty could a 00 possibly have ?
hardk0re,Dec 18 2006, 10:39 PM Wrote:Lower springs will void your warranty, if you come in with them on and complain about the shocks/struts.  But how much warranty could a 00 possibly have ?
[right][snapback]220960[/snapback][/right]

no the warraty on the monroe struts from monroe... lol... not the car...