FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Carroll Shelby's Personal Cobra Up For Auction..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
as the article states...
Quote:UPDATED November 2, 2006 The name Carroll Shelby is universally known for his remarkable road and racing cars, so when his personal car comes up for sale, it’s worth taking notice. In 1966, Shelby plucked this vehicle from a line of 19 production Competition Cobras and molded it into one of the most impressive automobiles ever built. It has a monstrous 427cid, 800hp twin Paxton supercharged V8 with a super three-speed automatic transmission. “When I built this dual supercharged 427 Cobra in 1966, I wanted it to be the fastest, meanest car on the road,” said Shelby. “Forty years later, it will still kick the tail of just about anything in the world. It’s the fastest street legal Cobra I’ve ever owned.” For those interested in the history of the vehicle, check out this web page with lots of detailed (if somewhat faded) images of the restoration.
now that is a badAzz car......how much do u think it will go for? :)
Damn... twin-sc'd 800hp! Why not sell one, I'm sure he has a few duplicates... no?
euro_zx5,Dec 18 2006, 03:34 PM Wrote:Damn... twin-sc'd 800hp! Why not sell one, I'm sure he has a few duplicates... no?
[right][snapback]220901[/snapback][/right]

according to the article.. there were only 2.. this one, and the other that was wrecked.
I'm surprised he's letting go of it. I wouldnt if I were him.
I find it delicously ironic that he built an 800HP monster but stuck a three speed auto slushbox on it.

I guess he knew he was gonna get old one day and not wanna mess with a clutch any more :D

NefCanuck
The 3spd is probably set up in the car for drag racing. Auto's are quicker for better times drag racing ;)
I've read that the car is virtually priceless.
It should go to a Museum...NOT to some pencil-dick's personal collection...
I agree with what Ian said as well. Something as rare and valuable as that car should be in a musuem. After all, its one of a kind.
Cant wait to see this 1 go up at the BJA

im gonna guess 650,000 dollaz
$650,000? No way man its gonna go for a heck of alot more than that. Original Shelby Cobras go for over a million at Barret Jackson Auctions, I think a one of a kind Twin Paxton Charged Cobra that is owned by Carroll Shelby will go for at least more than $2 million.
Yup... it'll go for 2 million at least, I agree with Matt.

"Hey baby, wanna see my 800HP Cobra?"

"How small is your penis again?" :lol: :lol: