FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Bell Sympatico Email
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone else have this problem. Our email hasn't worked since Dec.13
I called them for help and they tell me it won't work again until this Wednesday. How much of a refund should we ask for?
works fine for me.
my dads hasnt been working but mine has its weird. i looked up there error it was giving him and it has something to do with the server. there is nothing we can do about it on our end.
Mine hasn't worked lately either. But I ain't complaining cause I rarely use it.
mine has been on and off now for 2 weeks.

Laterz :)
mine as well. I thought it was 'cause I hadn't paid the bill yet. It seems better today.
CanadaSVT,Dec 18 2006, 08:48 AM Wrote:Anyone else have this problem.  Our email hasn't worked since Dec.13
I called them for help and they tell me it won't work again until this Wednesday.  How much of a refund should we ask for?
[right][snapback]220823[/snapback][/right]

Hrm, just a question but are you a long time Sympatico member or not? Seems Bell is switching users over to a more secure email system without warning them first and you might be one of the "lucky" ones they decided to punt over to the new system.

I've been with Sympatico since '98 and they haven't touched me yet -knock on wood-

NefCanuck
Ahh yes, their unspoken migration to SSL for POP3 and SMTP.

I had to do that reconfig for the guy who does my major repairs / upgrades here at the house. He doesn't screw me over for renovations, I don't screw him over for computer work. It's a great system. :)
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 18 2006, 09:53 PM Wrote:Ahh yes, their unspoken migration to SSL for POP3 and SMTP.

I had to do that reconfig for the guy who does my major repairs / upgrades here at the house. He doesn't screw me over for renovations, I don't screw him over for computer work. It's a great system. :)
[right][snapback]220980[/snapback][/right]

Y'know I'm sure they (Sympatico) covered their butts legally in their Terms Of Service document, but wouldn't you think that doing something like this that can screw up your email deserves at least some sort of heads up?

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Dec 18 2006, 09:42 PM Wrote:
CanadaSVT,Dec 18 2006, 08:48 AM Wrote:Anyone else have this problem.  Our email hasn't worked since Dec.13
I called them for help and they tell me it won't work again until this Wednesday.  How much of a refund should we ask for?
[right][snapback]220823[/snapback][/right]

Hrm, just a question but are you a long time Sympatico member or not? Seems Bell is switching users over to a more secure email system without warning them first and you might be one of the "lucky" ones they decided to punt over to the new system.

I've been with Sympatico since '98 and they haven't touched me yet -knock on wood-

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]220976[/snapback][/right]

I've been with them since '99. One of the 'techs' mentioned my service was being upgraded and would be better when it starts working again.
I still cant believe after all these years Bell is still has major e-mail problems. They must be doing something rong? I can remember back to 2 years ago when I was an IT Administrator, our company chose to use sympatico to host our e-mail. Employees @ work would complain to me about their e-mail being down, and I would thus call up Bell, and then get the run-arround where they dont support us because we are using a non-bell e-mail provider. I told him not only is our dsl from bell, but our hosting and e-mail provider is also bell sympatico. He just transferred me back into the call queue and someone else answered and told me the exact same thing. I've never had any issues with Rogers@Yahoo, or even Rogers Corporate Outlook Exchange