FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I'm Sorry But...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Isn't the rear strut bat just a piece of 1.5" dia. 16 gauge rolled steel with a nut welded in each end?
[Image: newedgeperformance_1779_1282586.gif]
Quote:The Focus Sport rear stress bar is designed to minimize rear chassis flex under hard cornering, thus reducing understeer and improving stability. Construction consists of 16 gauge 1.5" diameter steel tubing and features tig welded ends. The bar's location taps into a three layer section of sheet metal for the strongest possible mounting point. After a quick installation you'll notice that you've retained over 90% of your trunk space! Legal for SCCA IMPROVED TOURING and STREET PREPARED classes. Available in powder coat red, blue, and black. Backed by a LIFETIME warranty against manufacturing defects and workmanship. Note: Each bar has a small drainage hole that is necessary for the coating and plating procedures
Yep :)

I made mine myself while back.

All I did was get a Cast Iron sprinkler line and welded two nuts on each end. Then I went to HD and got bunch of bolts and washers to install it.

Cost me less then 10$ to buy/fix/install.
mo_focus,Dec 18 2006, 07:50 AM Wrote:Yep :)

All I did was get a Cast Iron sprinkler line and welded two nuts on each end. Then I went to HD and got bunch of bolts and washers to install it.

[right][snapback]220814[/snapback][/right]

did u feel the difference driving it after?

my buddy has his on zx3 and said the car feels stiffer in turns

back to the topic...so is there a group buy on these?
how about i just make a couple. sounds like its one of the simplest thins to make.
how long is the tube.
The front definitely cleaned up the initial turn-in on the sedan, so down the road I expect I'll do the same for the hatchback. I've never run a rear, but you'll see them on most "tuned" comp cars. They must be there for a reason.
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 18 2006, 09:58 PM Wrote:The front definitely cleaned up the initial turn-in on the sedan, so down the road I expect I'll do the same for the hatchback. I've never run a rear, but you'll see them on most "tuned" comp cars. They must be there for a reason.
[right][snapback]220982[/snapback][/right]

Does the '07 ZX5 SES not come with a rear antisway bar? :blink: 'cause I know my '05 sedan has one (Standard on the SES trim for that model year)

NefCanuck
No no, this bar connects the tops of the rear strut towers - the same as the underhood front strut bar does. It's something I'm considering for the hatch.

The 07 ZX5 SES certainly has a matching set of front/rear anti-sways.
NikiterZTS,Dec 18 2006, 01:49 PM Wrote:

[right][snapback]220887[/snapback][/right]

Are you for real????

:lol: :rolleyes:
ANTHONYD,Dec 19 2006, 07:45 AM Wrote:

Are you for real????

[right][snapback]221016[/snapback][/right]

Uuumm yea Mr.Criticize everything.

the only thing, those rear strut bars are takin some space in the trunk ...i mean for some people who have speakers on the back it could be a problem
NikiterZTS,Dec 19 2006, 01:15 PM Wrote:

Are you for real????

[right][snapback]221044[/snapback][/right]

:lol:
The rear works, the front is just for show

You dont want to have your back to stiff cause you could slide the back end out when you turn to hard....
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 19 2006, 12:29 AM Wrote:No no, this bar connects the tops of the rear strut towers - the same as the underhood front strut bar does. It's something I'm considering for the hatch.

[right][snapback]221006[/snapback][/right]

Oh... I see. Would those make any difference in the day to day driving with the Focus or is it strictly for show?

and where the heck would something like that mount on the rear strut towers on the sedan anyways? :blink:

NefCanuck
NefCanuck,Dec 19 2006, 10:28 PM Wrote:
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 19 2006, 12:29 AM Wrote:No no, this bar connects the tops of the rear strut towers - the same as the underhood front strut bar does. It's something I'm considering for the hatch.

[right][snapback]221006[/snapback][/right]

Oh... I see. Would those make any difference in the day to day driving with the Focus or is it strictly for show?

and where the heck would something like that mount on the rear strut towers on the sedan anyways? :blink:

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]221109[/snapback][/right]

u'll have to drill hole in each strut tower

something like that but this is from a different car, but jsut to give you an idea

[Image: rear_struttower.jpg]
D-Dub,Dec 19 2006, 08: Wrote:The rear works, the front is just for show
[right][snapback]221097[/snapback][/right]

I have a focus sport front-strut sway bar installed in the engine bay. It definately is nice bling, but I did some before and after testing and it DOES infact make a difference. The rear one may work too, but the fact that it gets in the way might discourage many people from attempting it. plus how am I gonna put my system back in?
NikiterZTS,Dec 19 2006, 01:15 PM Wrote:

Are you for real????

the only thing, those rear strut bars are takin some space in the trunk ...i mean for some people who have speakers on the back it could be a problem
[right][snapback]221044[/snapback][/right]

:rolleyes:

gold.
paolo,Dec 20 2006, 09:40 AM Wrote:
D-Dub,Dec 19 2006, 08: Wrote:The rear works, the front is just for show
[right][snapback]221097[/snapback][/right]

I have a focus sport front-strut sway bar installed in the engine bay. It definately is nice bling, but I did some before and after testing and it DOES infact make a difference. The rear one may work too, but the fact that it gets in the way might discourage many people from attempting it. plus how am I gonna put my system back in?
[right][snapback]221121[/snapback][/right]

I noticed an immediate improvement in turn-in with the new front strut bar.

Having said that, I'm not sure whether or not I'll put one on the new one... unless I get a red bar :D
i was thinking... Think a square bar would look good...1.5" square... might get it powder coated Ford or steeda blue?
NikiterZTS,Dec 19 2006, 10:50 PM Wrote:
NefCanuck,Dec 19 2006, 10:28 PM Wrote:and where the heck would something like that mount on the rear strut towers on the sedan anyways? :blink: 

NefCanuck
[right][snapback]221109[/snapback][/right]

u'll have to drill hole in each strut tower

\[right][snapback]221112[/snapback][/right]

Gah, saw your pic. No thanks I need the trunkspace and the pass through unimpeded :ph34r:

NefCanuck