FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Vibration When Engaging Clutch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok since I hit that sign, my car started to vibrate or shake when I engage the clutch when I in first gear. Only happens when I am at a dead stop and engage the clutch while in first gear. Any ideas?
SmokeBCBuDZ,Dec 17 2006, 03:23 PM Wrote:Ok since I hit that sign, my car started to vibrate or shake when I engage the clutch when I in first gear. Only happens when I am at a dead stop and engage the clutch while in first gear. Any ideas?
[right][snapback]220749[/snapback][/right]

I would say the clutch is on the way out or the throwout bearing is gone
As a result of me hitting the sign? Because is wasn't doing it before.
You could have shaken something up inside the tranny pretty bad or maybe a motor mount is outta whack? I'm sure it could be many things.
does it do it if your stopped and put the clutch in then put it in any other gear than 1st? .. if so then you could have bent the arm thats attached to the throwout bearing ... and if it only does it while you put it in first .. then you could have messed one of the gears/syncros in the tranny
Hmmm i guess ill know for sure when they take a look at it. But I have been doing a little research and I it may be an engine mount.