FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Dog Owners (question)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My dog is limping today. Roxie and I were rough housing last night and I think she may have twisted her paw or bent her leg funny. Nothing too serious, just a little lame when walking around. (Especially after laying on her bed for a while)

Is there anything I can do to help her, Ice, heat, tylenol???

Or are sprains and limps something that work themselves out???

Flo?
if its not making an effort to walk then you should be worried. Id say give it a couple days...
WOW Think about this for a second... Your Kid Gets hurt And hes having troubles walking, Do you ask your friends advice Or bring him to a Doctor..

Bring the Dog to a Vet, Let somone thats not going on hearsay tell you the issue

Lots of clinics around.

Acton Vet clinic number

519-853-1450.
Chromey,Dec 17 2006, 11:52 AM Wrote:WOW Think about this for a second... Your Kid Gets hurt And hes having troubles walking, Do you ask your friends advice Or bring him to a Doctor..

Bring the Dog to a Vet, Let  somone thats not going on hearsay tell you the issue

Lots of clinics around.

Acton Vet clinic  number

519-853-1450.
[right][snapback]220721[/snapback][/right]

I know it's not vet worthy. She is still running around and playing, she is just a little tender. Not anything too wacky.

Thanks for the concern Chromey :)
Sorry if i sound like a Dick But thiers to many people that dont concern them self with animals needs over thier own.
Im not say you but I know a guy Thats still think his Huskys Torn cruciate. Its very painful.
Nah, you don't sound like a dick.

I'm going to watch her closely today, and if she's still sore tomorrow, I'll take her in before work.
ANTHONYD,Dec 17 2006, 01:17 PM Wrote:Nah, you don't sound like a dick.

I'm going to watch her closely today, and if she's still sore tomorrow, I'll take her in before work.
[right][snapback]220729[/snapback][/right]

I'd call the vet to see what i could give her... but just use common sense... if its just a limp and you are aware of the cause. think is you pulled a muscle in your leg... you can still walk, run and function, but you have a slight limp would you run to the doctor.

i'd just keep her off it for a while, keep her lying down most of the day and have her take it easy... if it seems to be getting worse then call the vet and update them.
I wouldnt call it hearsay cause the topic says "dog owners (question)", since I used to be a dog owner and even trained a few in my day I think I may be able to help.

Most people dont take there dogs to the vet if its just a little sprain cause the vet will write you up a bill for 100 bucks and tell prescribe pills when arent needed. This isnt a kid this is a dog and dogs are very tough, not to mention they heal quickly.
D-Dub,Dec 17 2006, 03: Wrote:I wouldnt call it hearsay cause the topic says "dog owners (question)", since I used to be a dog owner and even trained a few in my day I think I may be able to help. 

Most people dont take there dogs to the vet if its just a little sprain cause the vet will write you up a bill for 100 bucks and tell prescribe pills when arent needed. This isnt a kid this is a dog and dogs are very tough, not to mention they heal quickly.
[right][snapback]220743[/snapback][/right]

Exactly, they'll tell you to hold the walks and watch her, bill ya for the examination, and if theyre real greedy, they'll suscribe some expensive 'animal' pain killer. :rolleyes:

Theyre tuff buggers, Ive seen my dogs collide at full tilt in the feild, do a couple of flips and get up for more. :blink: :lol:
ya tell me about... evry night i come home beat the kids with my dog for at least 20 minutes, half a hour and the little bugger loves it... ;) (JUST KIDDING. i wouldn't do that to my dog... :D)
.......meow...... :ph34r:
Hey. My dog just went through this a couple days ago. I dunno what happened to him but I woke up one morning and he was limping. I gave it a couple days and he's fine now.
Hope your dog is doing better. There is nothing you can give it. As long as the dog is not whining, it doesn't sound too serious but what do we know. Like many animals dogs don't want to show pain or weakness, so they will do their best to hide it.
You didn't say what breed it is or which leg. If it's a breed that is suseptable to hip dysplacia, and it's the rear leg then I would say take it to the vet right away.

Good luck.
Bloody hell.

Crazy out of the gate today.

She's fine. no limping and BEGGING for walk this morning.