FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Winter Tire Swap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Finally broke down and scheduled the wheel swap over for the Fusionator next week since we're hitting November on the calendar and the weather is getting cooler (Car is going to look so weird with the stock rims back on it :( )

This has me curious, when/if people are doing the winter tire thing?

NefCanuck
Probably to late. I will procrastinate far to long and get myself in way to much trouble. But you never know. I may just break down and do it in a couple weeks.
Already done. I'm in Toronto for a month, and wanted to to make sure it was done in case my wife ran into a unsuspecting winter storm.
Switched off the summers to all seasons on the Turbo Focus and will be going back to the *shivers* SPI again for another season. Probably going to start looking for a little truck or SUV for a new winter vehicle.
im gonna wait till it snows lol or at least till i see a forecast. ill changem fast like nascar style.
Focus: put the snows on Monday (all 4 tires)
Ranger: it's an FX4 so I run with the Wrangler M+S all year
Taurus: decent all seasons on the front, snows on the back.
I'll do mine in the next couple of weeks -- only takes about 20 minutes once I pull out the electric jack and impact wrench.
I'm still looking for a replacement five spoke stock rim to mount my all seasons. Anyone know where I can get one? :)
Next Week I'll be removing the VR6 Lip and switched back to Stock as well as removing the sideskirts While its not to cold and since I need to take the rear wheels off to get the skirt off I might aswell swap them at the same time. Other wise I would do the swap mid November or when its colder the 5' pretty much everyday.
Going to wait for either the first forecast of snow, or a spare couple of hours on a weekend before November 15th. for my CDan.

Starting to look for 4 tires and 4 steelies for "the boy's" wagon. Anybody know a good inexpensive tire shop? I was thinking of buying him 14's for his wagon, not sure if it is safe for the wagon to use 14 inch rims and tires. Don't tell him, 'cause it's his Christmas present............. B)
Isn't he on this forum lol
oldeguy,Oct 29 2009, 08:08 AM Wrote:Going to wait for either the first forecast of snow, or a spare couple of hours on a weekend before November 15th. for my CDan.

Starting to look for 4 tires and 4 steelies for "the boy's" wagon. Anybody know a good inexpensive tire shop? I was thinking of buying him 14's for his wagon, not sure if it is safe for the wagon to use 14 inch rims and tires. Don't tell him, 'cause it's his Christmas present............. B)
[right][snapback]296530[/snapback][/right]

14"s are fine on anything from '00 to '04. I run 14's on my 02 in the winter. I got my rims and tires at WalMart a few years ago. The wheels even came with a OEM Ford imprint on them. :) I think at the time I paid just a little over $400 installed and balanced.
Spinal,Oct 28 2009, 04:37 PM Wrote:im gonna wait till it snows lol or at least till i see a forecast. ill changem fast like nascar style.
[right][snapback]296511[/snapback][/right]

Same here.. lol Although that'll be within the next couple weeks I bet.
tetra,Oct 29 2009, 08:37 AM Wrote:
Spinal,Oct 28 2009, 04:37 PM Wrote:im gonna wait till it snows lol or at least till i see a forecast. ill changem fast like nascar style.

[right][snapback]296536[/snapback][/right]

Shut Up!!!!! No Snow Till January. :P
Focus man, Focus.,Oct 29 2009, 09:45 AM Wrote:

[right][snapback]296538[/snapback][/right]
I've predicited no snow this winter.......for the last 25 years. :lol:
Focus man, Focus.,Oct 29 2009, 08:45 AM Wrote:

If the last few years are anything to go by, we may not get much snow overall but when it hits, park it or your toast :ph34r:

This will be interesting winter compared to last year, now that I'm lowered slightly and a bodykit on the car now. Of course the upside to being lowered is lowering the car's centre of gravity, which when stock I felt wasn't great in the winter :huh:

NefCanuck
Focus man, Focus.,Oct 29 2009, 09:45 AM Wrote:

I agree ! but considering Barrie area , hmmm :(
By Dan, your the lucky one. AWD FTW!!!!! I see some winter parking lot drifting in your future. Man I miss my Subaru.
What's the difference with the car being lowered in winter? I dropped mine too, what should I expect? lol
tetra,Oct 29 2009, 10:02 AM Wrote:What's the difference with the car being lowered in winter? I dropped mine too, what should I expect? lol
[right][snapback]296547[/snapback][/right]

In deep snow you become a snow plow.

Wait a minute, when you drop a focus it just drops to the average ride height of every other car so therefore --- no difference!
Pages: 1 2 3 4