FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Snow+hill+median+roadsign+ = My Focus Owned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yay for higher insurance rates!
What do you mean? Get in a fender bender today?
kinda vague....
was it the 100th Meridian? or just a median? lol
ahah 100 meridian.....i liked that......yeah i got in an acccident the other day too it sucked, but at least they gave me a mazda3 which might i say is a much better drive! kinda hoping it takes a long time for the repairs to get done!
sorry to hear

but this is another reason i bought snow tires for my focus....
brucktown,Dec 16 2006, 06:16 PM Wrote:ahah 100 meridian.....i liked that......yeah i got in an acccident the other day too it sucked, but at least they gave me a mazda3 which might i say is a much better drive! kinda hoping it takes a long time for the repairs to get done!
[right][snapback]220652[/snapback][/right]

Beat the piss out of it!!!. The last rental I had was returned on a flat bed, LOL.

haha opps I meant median which my car went went over busting down a sign and then coming to a nice rest against a concrete poll. I'll get some picks before I get into the shop. The bumper is nice and cracked. The passenger quarter panel has a huge dent. I don't even want to get into or know whats up with the under carriage. All in all ICBC is going to rape me.
SmokeBCBuDZ,Dec 16 2006, 12:25 PM Wrote:Yay for higher insurance rates!
[right][snapback]220646[/snapback][/right]

What happened exactly? :huh: You overcook it going up/down the hill? I had a smack up back in '96 when I crested a hill in winter and the car in front of me decided on the other side of the hill to slam on the brakes and put on the hazards.... Tried to avoid the moron but clipped him before I could get out of his way, my car folded like a cheap suitcase, his had a misalinged bumper <_<

NefCanuck
Basically was coming town a hill and it turns to the right at the bottom and in the corner I hit black ice and went up an onto the median taking out a road sign with the front end and then a slid sideways hitting the front left quarter panel on a small concrete poll.
Ouch, well at least you walked away, any accident you can walk away from is a good one in my books ;)

NefCanuck
Not trying to judge, but were you going too fast for the conditions? Most accidents I've ever seen with black ice involved the driver overdriving their road conditions / tires.
didn't you just get that car?!?!?!

No I wasn't over driving the car it was a sharp corner coming out of hill and yes I got the car like a week ago. Filed my claim, $300 de-ductable, its mostly body damage but I can feel a lot of vibration engaging the clutch on first gear.
Focus Man, Focus....... :D