FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: It's Also Christmas For The Zx3........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been working on my car on and off during tha past months ( Pro-Kit , new rear suspension arms , bolts & nut etc. ) and I decided to upgrade the shocks and struts with some KYB AGX , I read a lot before buying them , I know they may be not the best one out there but I drive my car like a grand mother so they should do the trick.

[Image: 8e_1_b.JPG]

Since the 03 ZX3 needed tires , I got a set of Nitto NeoGen 215/40ZR17 . I use to have Nitto on my previous car ( not this model tho ) and really loved them , we'll see this summer if I like them.

[Image: img_neogen_3.jpg]

Since I have lowered the car I have this racing look on the rear ( negative camber ) that I really don't like , since I don't race and my car is more "all show no go" I decided to get the SPC rear camber kit , this should give me all the adjustement I need to bring them back close to "0" degree , I have minus 2 degree right now..

[Image: 67420.jpg]

I'll have more work also to do on the 00 ZX3 since the bushings for the front lover arms are shot ( both sides ) , I'm buying new arms assembly to put them on the 03 and taking the one from the 03 ( good but used ) and installed them on the 00 ( the beater ) . I have one side done already and the right side will be done in the next few weeks.

[Image: ec_1_b.JPG]

I'll replace also the front rotors and pads ( on the 03 ) , I bought this kit off the local classified add here in montreal for $75.00 cdn , this was pretty tough to let this pass , I thought it was a good deal , came with new pads too.

[Image: 123432.jpg]

This should keep me buzy when the snow start to fall.... :P
Nice stuff. You got pics of it on your car?
[Image: 775_m.gif]

now these are a-arms...
I know the one you have are way better then the stock one , I just want the ride to be clean and tight.

Like I said I baby sit this car , it's just a hobby and no I did not install it since I have nothing yet , tires were suppose to be in today , I have the tracking number for the Camber kit but nothing before next week and the shocks strut kit is in stock in montreal with the stock "A" arm but doesn't have time to go get it . My friend is off next friday so I'll ask him to picked them up. All I have is the front rotor kit.

Can't do nothing yet , I don't want to start taking stuff apart yet since my 00 goes often in the garage for some work . I never put the 03 ooutside when it's rainning or snowing , the car havent seen rain or snow in the last 2 years. It's starting to get pretty clean.. :D
that's a good bit of work you've got planned.
Have fun.
I went with the same shocks - struts you are using. Maybe they are not the best available but I think you will be very happy with them. I am. Like you I don't race it. But it does make it a little more fun to drive.
Enjoy the projects,
Fader

Nice stuff , hope you really like the stuff im sure you will notice a difference.
SliverSteeda,Dec 15 2006, 09:02 PM Wrote:[Image: 775_m.gif]

now these are a-arms...
[right][snapback]220582[/snapback][/right]

which ones are those? they look similar to a set of a-arms that would spontaneously separate at the welds at most innopportune times.
steeda race a-arms... i'd woory about metal bending before welds breaking....
Got a call today and tires are in but don't have time to go get them , looks like christmas week end I'll have everything...

Project for tonight ( Saturday ) is trying to figure out where the lights flickering is comming from on my 00 ZX3 , I read a lot about it and I'm pretty sure I know where it's comming from , we'll see if I can fix it tonight... :)