FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: I Can Do Anything!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well to make a long story short... this is about a busted $400 cell phone a Nokia 6265 2 meg camera/mp3/tv phone....

Well i just got married over 2 months ago and we went to Mount sainte anne challets for a week for our honeymoon....

Well on our last day my new wife steped on my 2 week old awesome phone and busted the screen all to hell....

Well the phone work but you couldn't watch tv or navigate the net or actually see anything....

when we got back i took the phone back just to have the guy laugh at me and say the best thing he could do was give me a new phone for there cost at $265 (bs) and that there was no way to fix it...

My buddy who manages a Circut city told me you can order the screens on the net for $40 and one of his tech pals would fix it for another $40...

So i oredered the screen and got it today... but i'll be damned if i'd pay another $40 till i atleast made things worse :D

But in least then 1/2 and hour i dismantiled the phone with a nice set of nokia phone tools i had found a princess auto for $12 and booya phone is back baby!!!!!

:D
Should have told her you were going to pawn her engagement & wedding rings :)

Glad you got it fixed so cheaply though!
Yeah thats how pacific mall stays in business. They buy screens/parts from back home, sell them here at less than mfgr cost and they make money. No body really goes through the manufacturer anymore to fix broken lcds and such when they have CNN and Pacific Mall and First Markham Place and China Town oh and E-Bay too..
it would have still been a deal to get the tech guy to do it but... i have a complex about doing things myself.

good going , I seen a car last night in a accident a silver focus I turned around to ensure it wasnt you , a 4 door silver focus smashed into the back of a maza 3 on wheeler.
actually i saw the mazda 3 being hauled away on a wrecker on my way home from princess auto... nah, mines a zx3