FocusCanada Forums

Full Version: Tribute To Our Troops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think the whole video is great, except for the quote by Harper at the end. Harper can kiss my ass, because just like most of us... he stands no chance of being killed over there. His words are hollow. I wonder, just like in the US right now, how many Canadian parliamentarians and Senators have family serving overseas?
NOS2Go4Me,Dec 15 2006, 06:37 PM Wrote:I think the whole video is great, except for the quote by Harper at the end. Harper can kiss my ass, because just like most of us... he stands no chance of being killed over there. His words are hollow. I wonder, just like in the US right now, how many Canadian parliamentarians and Senators have family serving overseas?
[right][snapback]220564[/snapback][/right]

I really thought that was a very nice video. Every time i see one of these, I brace myself for impact, but it never helps. They do hit home.

As for the last question: I always ask myself the same thing every time I see that monkey of a president on my television saying that we're not pulling out of Iraq & Afghanistan, we're making progress, etc.

I'm sure if they have family in the service, they're probably tucked away to a nice safe post in either the Middle of Nowhere, USA, or Middle of Nowhere, Canada. Or, if they did go to the Middle East, they're WAY out of the way of potential harm pushing papers.

Perhaps our leaders should be viewing these.